What's new

My problems in one thread

A little oil on the floor can look like a lot though, it could take a lot of small splats to make a noticeable difference on the dip stick. I'll also go out on a limb and say most H22 engines lose oil through burning it or otherwise, so I'd be genuinely surprised if this one isn't losing a drop.

Could well be gearbox oil on the floor, but my 2 pence is that I'd be looking for engine oil leaks. Can't say I've ever had any trouble on any honda lumps from pulling the drive shafts, although that's not to say it couldn't happen I guess.

Easiest way to find out is to have a good look under the car imo

Yep you need to go under and have a look, if it is leaking from somewhere there will be oil, mine was covered with oil from timing belt area to the sump when the crank seals were leaking and I used to get drips on the floor when parked overnight too, aswell as losing oil, the oil loss wasn't that bad the beginning I must have drove with the leak for around 1.5 years and it progressively got worse, was very lucky at the final stages before getting it repaired, cos I didnt check the oil for a month and come last MOT time the oil on dipstick was right at the bottom!

Sorry guys for late reply to this thread, I've got a blown head gasket and I'm doing the job on Saturday, along with valve grinding, water pump and belt, getting head skimmed, but as this is my first time doing this job, is there anything I should be looking out for? Any advice will be really helpful

Thanks

Beyond my limited knowledge, all I will say is that if your not 100% sure of everything your doing and what needs doing then I wouldn't personally attempt this job myself, they are quite involved jobs with the potential of making a big balls up.

Ok got around to doing the head gasket and I'm nearly done, only thing is getting the timing belt back on, but how does this tensioner work, or is there any good tips of doing it?

Ok finally got around to finishing the head gasket job earlier, and got it running, and now I got misfire codes 71 and 73. My car does feel abit lumpy but not loads, so I guessing timing is out? I also hear a lot of hissing sound going on around the Inlet manifold, I've put in a new gasket but could that be a air leak that's going on around there that's causing the misfire?

Also noticed the manifold heat wrap is smokey when car is running and it has a really bad odour to it, it didn't have that before but only started having the smoke and smell after the headgasket replacement. Any ideas?