What's new

Neckard Driveshaft 2.2 i-CTDi

Conor1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CTDI
Hey, recently posted about a slight start-up problem I was having, most likely due to a weak battery combined with a plug and drive kit for my insurance.

Since owning the car (from November) There has been a shudder through the car's body when accelerating after 50-60mph, sometime lower if I accelerate hard.

Reading up I know this is either due to wheel balance (less likely) or a neckard driveshaft or CV joint.

The car's booked in to my mechanic to run usual pre MOT check, going to mention this to him.

My question is, what should I have him look for in term of diagnosing the problem to help reduce cost.

Also if the driveshaft itself is done, how much would you expect to pay for a replacement part?

could be either drive shaft and any sort of problem with the drive shaft, usually the splines at the top end.

It took a while for me to realise what a 'neckard driveshaft' actually was... I though it was an aftermarket make!

I'm guessing an inner CV joint is worn, but hard to tell like this. Reasonably easy for your mechanic to check this once the car is up on the lift though. Outer CV joints being worn usually causes a distinct 'knocking' when driving on full lock.

Someone was selling a genuine Honda driveshaft in the forum 'for sale' section recently... I think they were asking £200.

Tanna not selling any more.His want to keep it.