What's new

Newb: What is window weather seal called? Part number?

SMartin

Reaction score
Car
2010 Estate Diesel
I know this is a silly question but I've been searching for hours... I have a 2010 Tourer 2.2 Diesel EX i-DETEC. (Yes, the boot cubby is soaked... Waiting for decent weather for that one...) The weather seal against the driver's door glass has perished and must be letting in loads of water but I can't figure out what it's called or the part number for it, which is ridiculous!
It runs horizontally over the top of the main body of the door and seals against the glass on the outside. What's it called? Any idea of the part number?
S

Last edited:
Maybe it's a "Weatherstrip" (?) but still can't find one to fit...

Put your VIN into here then select the correct type for your car.
External mouldings can then be found in the Upholstery section, under B-42-10 MOLDING/ROOF RAIL - note this is for my car, yours may be different.
Part 1 in the diagram is the UK drivers side moulding - for my car it's 72410TL0003. £49.86 delivered from Japan or £90 from a Honda UK franchise.
I replaced mine circa 6 months ago and, although it's quite fiddly, it's not difficult. There's videos on YouTube of how to remove the door panel, tweeter cover and wing mirror (search for Acura TSX second gen).

R83ke7D.png

7gsd5n1.png

Put your VIN into here then select the correct type for your car.
External mouldings can then be found in the Upholstery section, under B-42-10 MOLDING/ROOF RAIL - note this is for my car, yours may be different.
Part 1 in the diagram is the UK drivers side moulding - for my car it's 72410TL0003. £49.86 delivered from Japan or £90 from a Honda UK franchise.
I replaced mine circa 6 months ago and, although it's quite fiddly, it's not difficult. There's videos on YouTube of how to remove the door panel, tweeter cover and wing mirror (search for Acura TSX second gen).

R83ke7D.png

7gsd5n1.png
Thank you so much. That's very helpful. They didn't recognise my VIN number but I found the part I think. Did you pay anything on top in terms of duty/taxes or suchlike? How long did it take to arrive?

S

You’re welcome. Import duty and VAT is only payable on totals of £135 or more (goods + shipping cost). I’ve found the shipping time is usually 2 weeks tops.

Ok, many thanks. I've emailed them to double check the part as their page says it's for a 2.4L. I expect it's the same :)

Something else to note is that if you’ve got any smaller parts that need replacing it’s worth getting them at the same time, as the cost difference between Japan and UK can be enormous, sometimes a 10th of the price. For example I bought new battery j bolts and setting plate last time to replace the old rusting ones on mine; £8 from Japan vs £39 from UK. Just make sure to keep the total cost including shipping under £135 and you’re good.

Something else to note is that if you’ve got any smaller parts that need replacing it’s worth getting them at the same time, as the cost difference between Japan and UK can be enormous, sometimes a 10th of the price. For example I bought new battery j bolts and setting plate last time to replace the old rusting ones on mine; £8 from Japan vs £39 from UK. Just make sure to keep the total cost including shipping under £135 and you’re good.
Will do. £90-odd for that little strip is obscene. £40-odd is obscene! :)
S