What's new

Oh no..................

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
................kerbed a wheel!!!! :( just had them all done! It is literally 1/4 of the wheel and it gets worse.......................

My wheels are black!!!! :(

Ouch, got a picture?

It happens bro :( usally I try parking at least 6" away from kerbs...but not always possible. ..

Please dont tell me about how dirty it is i already know lol, brake dust!!!! Although my discs do look awesome lol

are they the same alloys as mine? i have mine a year about and quite careful, the only marks on them are from when they guys put them on the balancing machine.

these ones, quite like them myself.

7616763442_93d22cf222_z.jpg

Ouch, that's pretty bad man. Looks like you've got a chunk out of your tyre side wall too. Check that doesn't go too deep.

Sorry to hear this Hamid but it happens to the best of us.Iv kerbed two of mine

No Eric mine is the 17" type s wheels.

I know it happens but it's just a heart breaker lol!

I have already got the fix though so stay tuned :) doesn't help that it's black! And Steve mate the tyre is fine for now tread is going so will need new tyres again in a couple months

Sorry to hear Hamid.I think,that I have three wheels like your.Just put paint with small brush.

you can get that refurbed though so not the end of the world lad
Yeah I know it's just the initial shock you get and you thinks its the end of the world at the time. Had time to calm down lol just had them refurbed too! It was even from parking, basically I was going to do a quick turn in the road because its actually really wide and previously I didn't need to do a 3 point turn but I must have mis judged and I literally JUST made contact with the curb

aye, anyone who has alloys needs to be more careful than 'normal' people who couldn't give a hoot how they park so we know the feeling.

Yeah I'm always so careful even when they were stock! 70000 and they were great, as soon as I get them black this happens :/ ! I have the 2.0l petrol type s. I got bremtech grooved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads recommended by Andy @ Vtec direct and they are superb! Apart from the brake dust that is, really rips your face off

when my discs are due a replacement i will get upgraded ones, probably in august. i will get at my brother to get them done as i will be driving back to Ireland,, he should be cool with it as long as his wife is away . lol, having said this is it ok to change discs without changing pads as my brake pads (front) were done recently (brembo), i don't want to be getting new pads again just discs.

Lol yeah I see. Well the simple answer is yes ofcourse you can! I only got the racing pads because mine were literally shot! Otherwise would have only changed discs too. Always worth bleeding the whole system though if you get anything changed, just so much better response mate

Ouch, all four of my storms are kerbed. Happens to us all.

I'm going to get my alloys refurbed and I'm going for gloss black exactly for this reason - easy DIY repair when I inevitably curb them (Glasgow curbs are almost always razor edged blocks of granite). Thye're currenly a fetching shade of anthracite but I'd prefer to spend £10 on a tin of gloss black hamerite than £50 everytime they're damaged.

i don't see how the colour matters? you can get alloy paint in any colour, when you kerb them they will go down to the silver alloy anyway?