What's new

Old skool (ATR) vs pre skool (euro r)

Dalerobert

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
So after owning a 6th gen accord sport for two years now ive decided this year im going to take the plunge and get an ATR, i love the accord how it looks and sound and especially handles, as ive been looking at ATRs as they are an old car most have pritty high millege, then i found a euro r for sale dont really know much about them just that they are newer and less miles on them, i was wondering how they compare is there any differnce apart from how they look many thanks for your input

I had an ATR for about 18 months. Fantastic raw car..

We now have a EuroR although I've not driven it much yet as we are restoring it, but so far I have to say it's every bit as good as the 6th gen and better in a few ways.

It looks and feels more up to date, the k20 feels more revvy and just as raw as the h22a and overall has more creature comforts like climate which the 6th gen didn't. It's also as rare as hens teeth and that's hard to put a price on.

I think the 6th gen had more lower end torque but then that's just a good excuse to hammer the EuroR which it seems to love

Ive been looking at the euro r on an import place torque gt i think its called, i must admit the euro r does look like a sleeper car which i like

How much are you looking to spend? I posted this in another thread, but I think the JDM 6th gen Euro-R is an epic looking car. Same engine as the ATR but it's in a different chassis, and there's a lot of low mileage cars lurking around in Japan:

05.jpg

06.jpg

10.jpg

That one in the pics has done about 62,000 miles and would cost about £5,500 once registered and on the road in the UK.

Tbh im not really sure how much yet trying to save up as much as i can then spend a few month looki g round for a decent ine which ever one i choose just researching them both at the min

Josh2109 said:
How much are you looking to spend? I posted this in another thread, but I think the JDM 6th gen Euro-R is an epic looking car. Same engine as the ATR but it's in a different chassis, and there's a lot of low mileage cars lurking around in Japan:

05.jpg

06.jpg

10.jpg

That one in the pics has done about 62,000 miles and would cost about £5,500 once registered and on the road in the UK.
is this one yours?? Or is it from another site selling them?? Looks awesome

It's not mine mate, just one which I saw for sale in Japan. I'd like to import an Accord Euro-R but in all honesty I don't think I'd be able to turn it around very quickly and I'm not keen on taking in stock that would sit around. I would have no qualms importing it if I had a buyer lined up.

It's worth bearing in mind that that particular one is priced quite keenly, the other 6th gen Euro-R's I have seen have been a good 1.5-2k dearer for the same mileage. Might get one a bit cheaper through the Japanese auction system but it adds a bit of complication to the buying process.

An ATR would be cheaper, but likely to be about twice the mileage and have had the **** ragged off it.

Josh2109 said:
It's not mine mate, just one which I saw for sale in Japan. I'd like to import an Accord Euro-R but in all honesty I don't think I'd be able to turn it around very quickly and I'm not keen on taking in stock that would sit around. I would have no qualms importing it if I had a buyer lined up.

It's worth bearing in mind that that particular one is priced quite keenly, the other 6th gen Euro-R's I have seen have been a good 1.5-2k dearer for the same mileage. Might get one a bit cheaper through the Japanese auction system but it adds a bit of complication to the buying process.

An ATR would be cheaper, but likely to be about twice the mileage and have had the **** ragged off it.
yeah thats what puts me off the atr to find a good one is very rare im in no rush so will see what happens fella

To be fair that's the case with most older performance cars unfortunately. Take your time and you'll find the right car :)

My CL7 Euro R is up for sale at a very good price as I've just taken delivery of a new car.

Not had an ATR, but been a passenger in one. Very nice. But only have a 5 speed box. They are slightly annoying in that you drop out of vtec between gear changes because of the gearing. Pretty rapid cars. As said older cars, so higher mileage and Honda moved the game forward again with the next model.

The Euro R CL7, in my opinion, is more useable every day car. Refined when cruising. An animal when you want to have a bit of fun. 6 speed gearbox. First 3 gears are short ratio, to help with weight of the car and acceleration. The 6th is a good ratio for crusing, so engine is not spinning to fast on a cruise, but is short enough that you don't need to drop a gear to speed up on the motorway. The standard brakes have a tendancy to warp their discs. In fact I bought my car with warped discs. Ironically then have been upgraded to the ATR brakes and now use ATR discs and pads. The discs are same size, but ATR discs are 28mm thick as opposed to 25mm on std discs. The ATR Calipers are twin pot so better brake feel and distribution of braking force than std. Since doing no further problems. Brakes are really reassuring to use and stop the car a lot better.

Feel free to ask me any questions,

Your car is very keenly priced indeed Pete! Absolute bargain for whoever picks it up :) A really well looked after example as well it seems.

To put it into perspective, you'd struggle to get as good a 6th gen Euro-R for that money, so to get a 7th gen for it is epic!

I think petes is quite possibly the only one for sale right now in the UK and definitely a beautiful example..

uknowiama said:
My CL7 Euro R is up for sale at a very good price as I've just taken delivery of a new car.

Not had an ATR, but been a passenger in one. Very nice. But only have a 5 speed box. They are slightly annoying in that you drop out of vtec between gear changes because of the gearing. Pretty rapid cars. As said older cars, so higher mileage and Honda moved the game forward again with the next model.

The Euro R CL7, in my opinion, is more useable every day car. Refined when cruising. An animal when you want to have a bit of fun. 6 speed gearbox. First 3 gears are short ratio, to help with weight of the car and acceleration. The 6th is a good ratio for crusing, so engine is not spinning to fast on a cruise, but is short enough that you don't need to drop a gear to speed up on the motorway. The standard brakes have a tendancy to warp their discs. In fact I bought my car with warped discs. Ironically then have been upgraded to the ATR brakes and now use ATR discs and pads. The discs are same size, but ATR discs are 28mm thick as opposed to 25mm on std discs. The ATR Calipers are twin pot so better brake feel and distribution of braking force than std. Since doing no further problems. Brakes are really reassuring to use and stop the car a lot better.

Feel free to ask me any questions,
cheers fella yeah ive seen your euro r for sale very nice, thats another pro about the cl7 euro r it has six gears like you say makes all the differnce is the cl7 as good as the 6th gen with handling??

Accord636 said:
cheers fella yeah ive seen your euro r for sale very nice, thats another pro about the cl7 euro r it has six gears like you say makes all the differnce is the cl7 as good as the 6th gen with handling??
From memory I think the CL7 handling is equally as good, but the ride is a bit more compliant. Then again lots of options on suspension front if you want to improve the handling further.