What's new

Painting Callipers

whereami

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S 04
I own the Gun metal grey type s and been shaking my head at a few things that need pimping up, the Callipers need a revamp, Painting them seems a good start, what colour would work best? I like the Red look but open to suggestions. if you have a photo of yours too stick it on here, cheers guys. ;)

whats the colour of your wheels? mine calipers are in gold with white decals :)
zdjcie21t.jpg

Mine are black, to avoid to much distraction off my gunmetal wheels.
biggrin.gif

But probably a nice dark bronze would be nice too.

3d brembo caliper covers! ha
i got a set in the other day ,,, still to add them on they look a lot more realistic than my mates 350z oem brembos!
only reason i got them is the brake caliper gets covered in dust and looks ***** all the time so this is to keep it clean!

3d brembo caliper covers! ha
i got a set in the other day ,,, still to add them on they look a lot more realistic than my mates 350z oem brembos!
only reason i got them is the brake caliper gets covered in dust and looks ***** all the time so this is to keep it clean!
any pics? I'd like to see it on honda ;)

Subtle colour is my choice unless you have a bbk then kawasaki green :D

Red with a white Honda logo, like on my 6th gen :D

2b4fb63a.jpg

I will be painting mine when the weather improves stock Silver for me ;)

I have the same as Whereami with stock dark greyish wheels , I cant stand red but I think because of the gun metal grey car paint that red will be the best colour to go.
My Prelude is silver with black wheels so I painted them Silver , match's perfect..

But where did you guys get those white Honda decals from ?

Paul

Guys iv just ordered my paint :) smooth silver for the callipers and satin black for the brake disk body.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMERITE-METAL-PAINT-500ml-LOTS-OF-COLOURS-ALL-FINISHES-BLACK-SILVER?item=261004945436&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7996640058123008453

Hammerite is as good as any paint for callipers as its got a high Temp rating
When we get some good weather i will post some photos up in my gallery.

I have the same as Whereami with stock dark greyish wheels , I cant stand red but I think because of the gun metal grey car paint that red will be the best colour to go.
My Prelude is silver with black wheels so I painted them Silver , match's perfect..

But where did you guys get those white Honda decals from ?

Paul

Got mine from eBay, same place I get all my car parts :p they're on special heat proof vinyl as I imagine the regular stuff would get mullered pretty quick. I'll try find a link, was at least a year ago I got mine now though!

Red or Yellow, but just an opinion though.