What's new

Parking Sensor Issue

poodlesplumbs

Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hello all,

I have recently bough a 2007 Accord I-CTDI 2.2.

The rear parking sensors I believe are stock. But the dealership I bought it from said they are "after market" ones... Not sure how I can tell.

I do have a button to the right of my steering wheel. It is worn so don't know if this is to enable/ disable the sensors.. It doesn't work either way. However I looked under the shelf where the speakers are and there was a unplugged connector. I connected this and I now have the sensors. However they are on constant beeeeeeeeeeeeep when put in reverse.

Wondered if anyone has had this issue before or know where the issue could be?

Many thanks :)

James

There might be a fault with the sensors hence why they were craftily unplugged

I bought my car in January 2006, and it's a 54-plate. The car was already fitted with sensors, and like you, the dealer said they were after market. So the sensors probably get fitted by the first dealer when the car arrives from Japan. I've also had the rear bumper off in the past, and they do look "after market" quality.

Cure for the beeeeeeeeeeeeep problem
Firstly, try wiping them with a damp (not wet) cloth, that sometimes stops it.
If that doesn't work, one of the wires may have come loose. IIRC (it was a few years back when I removed the bumper), each sensor has a separate wire and the wires come into the car behind the bumper, where they plug into the loom. If you can get to that area, take a look (my car is Tourer, if yours is Tourer too, I can tell how to get to that area).

Thanks for the replies guys.

thedooor said:
Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

If purchased from dealer, then they should fix it.
Yep, from a dealer. They said the'd have a look at it but couldn't guarantee fixing as after market.

freddofrog said:
I bought my car in January 2006, and it's a 54-plate. The car was already fitted with sensors, and like you, the dealer said they were after market. So the sensors probably get fitted by the first dealer when the car arrives from Japan. I've also had the rear bumper off in the past, and they do look "after market" quality.

Cure for the beeeeeeeeeeeeep problem
Firstly, try wiping them with a damp (not wet) cloth, that sometimes stops it.
If that doesn't work, one of the wires may have come loose. IIRC (it was a few years back when I removed the bumper), each sensor has a separate wire and the wires come into the car behind the bumper, where they plug into the loom. If you can get to that area, take a look (my car is Tourer, if yours is Tourer too, I can tell how to get to that area).
Thanks, will give it a go. Unfortunately mines not a tourer :(

poodlesplumbs said:
Thanks, will give it a go. Unfortunately mines not a tourer :(

hopefully someone with a saloon and knowledge of how to access the loom in that area from in the boot might be along to tell you

Did the dealer you bought it from advertise the car as having parking sensors? If so then you are entitled to working parking sensors on your car. Have a look at a copy of the advert for the car and go from there.