What's new

Performance parts

Sorry Marcus, i didn't know where that ECU came from and how much it would cost.

You have Pm by the way ;)

a lot of these figures your chucking about i think you'll find are a maximum gain but it doesn't mean its at peak power.

The Bisimoto Manifold is 25bhp peak, i would never say that unless it was proven. Check the Bisimoto website out, and check CB7Tuner.com for info on people who run this exhaust manifold

Having said that, i do agree with the other bits you have said.

I'll look it up later bud i just find it hard to believe that if i had an f20 accord with 145bhp and then put this manifold on that i'd end up with 170bhp

n/a tuning is really expensive. I doubt you would even see them sort of gains on an evo let alone the f20b

but as said i'll have a read later. And if i'm proven wrong shall hold my hands up to it

Had a luck and there is nothing on honda tech or anywhere els that has done a direct manifold swap and produced them figures on an independant dyno. Also on one h22 build where that manifold was used the torque graph was all over the place as people had pointed out.

On one thread that bitsimoto had done a dyno on the f20b and it made 211bhp it was also running itb's and programmable management so that was completely pointless as it didn't prove anything.

If you could post a genuine link of proper comarison i would be greatfull.

One other thing to bear in mind a lot of people who were using the manifold had the likes of an aem v2 induction kit 2.5inch back system and aftermarket management,

in which case these mods can compliment each other as more air is getting in, and more gasses can get out and the management can make the best of these mods. But there is still no proof of just the manifold producing such power alone.

hi i'd say if ya not up for buying a type r (like me) do what 93 accord has said or prelude engine H22 and mod it, ive been looking to change my silly little 1.8 (f18) for something better and really wanted a K20 civic type r swap but due to no funds or real knowhow, im gonna go h22, in the hope it keeps up with my bros E30 on track days :)

If you could post a genuine link of proper comarison i would be greatfull.

But there is still no proof of just the manifold producing such power alone.

http://www.bisimoto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=415

Theres one link, its for a F22a, he makes these for F20b F20a h22a h23a etc etc.

That engine had 211k on the clock and ran only on 87 ron fuel, so it can make more on a fresher motor and better fuel.

hi i'd say if ya not up for buying a type r (like me) do what 93 accord has said or prelude engine H22 and mod it, ive been looking to change my silly little 1.8 (f18) for something better and really wanted a K20 civic type r swap but due to no funds or real knowhow, im gonna go h22, in the hope it keeps up with my bros E30 on track days :)

K20 swaps are sadly expensive, but are the quicker engine, the mounts are very different, its not something viable to do at the moment, give it a couple years for the prices to go down and it will be. Oh and i love E30s!

Still not convinced as other graphs i looked at arn't producing them gains.

And that link is from the manufacturer of that manifold so it could be biased as a selling point.

If n/a tuning was that easy and cheap everyone would be doing it.

Also honda exhausts are really restrictive so i don't see how a manifold alone can get exhaust gases out that quick and produce that much power on an oem set up.

I baybe wrong. Just not convinced

Ok well lets agree to disagree lol, :rolleyes: :)

Key thing is theres lots of info here for the original poster to think about, and hopefully gave him food for thought.

Definately. I think the other variable to consider aswel though is that although doing an engine swap into his accord or uprating parts its still in the same chassis. I.e suspension, bracing etc also

and to upgrade all of this also brings you back to square one of buying an atr that is set up right from the factory.

But thumbs up if he wants to take on the job of building what he wants. I suppose its a bit more personnal

Yes it certainly did. I think the way forward is an ATR

Thanks for all the imput guys

hey no worries bud glad your making the right choice and it will save you loads of cash also.

I'll wait to hear of a post saying you have bought one and see how much grin factor it gives you lol. If you need any further help feel free to ask

Still not convinced as other graphs i looked at arn't producing them gains.

And that link is from the manufacturer of that manifold so it could be biased as a selling point.

If n/a tuning was that easy and cheap everyone would be doing it.

Also honda exhausts are really restrictive so i don't see how a manifold alone can get exhaust gases out that quick and produce that much power on an oem set up.

I baybe wrong. Just not convinced

Hello every one thought I would let you guys know a little bit about Bisimoto Engineering since we have been brought up quit a bit in this topic. Our company has spent many years in developing parts for the F-series non-vtec Honda motor for our race program Honda Pro-Allmotor Insight. Our engineers designed many parts from piston design, custom profiles for camshafts, cylinder head porting and of course Header design. With this achieved the Bisimoto Insight produces nearly 500whp naturally aspired and holds records for the quickest fwd all-motor uni-body chassis, worlds fastest mph all-motor fwd, highest hp all motor sohc with quickest elapse time of 9.38 @150mph 1/4 mile.

From all this engineering and design we took the time to share with the public as well. The Bisimoto V2 headers do not come in one standard size like many other companies do. After placing an order with Bisimoto we will have you fill a complete specification sheet of your C/R, bore, stroke, usable RPM range and so on in order for our engineers to design a header specific to your setup to extract the most power and efficiency out of your setup. Using this method and design for our customers we now hold records with the Bisimoto header as follows:

Records under Bisimoto Engineering header designs:
World's Fastest and Quickest B-series Pro: 9.7et, on Bisimoto Header
World's Fastest and Quickest B-series Street: 10.4et, on Bisimoto Header
World's Fastest and Quickest H-series Street: 9.98et, on Bisimoto Header design
World's Fastest and Quickest F-series Pro: 9.3et, on Bisimoto Header
World's Fastest and Quickest D-series Pro: 10.7et, on Bisimoto Header
World's Fastest all motor car: 152mph: on Bisimoto header

For more information you can send me an email at Julio@Bisimoto.com

bisi-june2010-1.jpg

0818080001.jpg

bseriescoated.jpg

Hello there. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forum. It's much appriciated. B)

Only two questions at the moment. Do you do any parts for a Vtec F series engine? Or is it only the non-vtec units?

Also i've been reading a bit about Bisimoto making 200+bhp from a F20 engine. Would you be able to give any of the engine specs that were used in producing such power please?

Thanks

Si.

Hello there. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forum. It's much appriciated. B)

Only two questions at the moment. Do you do any parts for a Vtec F series engine? Or is it only the non-vtec units?

Also i've been reading a bit about Bisimoto making 200+bhp from a F20 engine. Would you be able to give any of the engine specs that were used in producing such power please?

Thanks

Si.

Your very welcome. Currently for the F-series VTEC we do have Bisimoto camshafts regrind services, Bisimoto custom valve springs with ***anium retainers, Bisimoto adjustable no slip cam-gear, Bisimoto head porting services and Bisimoto custom rods and pistons. You can visit our store at Bisimoto.com/store for more information and prices or give us a call at 888-922-6686

Making 200+bhp which is about 170whp does not take much effort with a Bisimoto V2 header, Bisimoto Level 2 camshaft, light head porting and a bump in compression with a good tune will yield those power numbers. We also have the parts needed with more of an investment to produce 400+whp out of an F-series motor as well :)

Again thank you very much for taking the time to post.

I think that it's giving all the members on here with an F series enigne who want a little more extra poke from it a lot more info that is better coming from yourselves than from hear say at other places.

If you think of anything else that may be relevant then please feel free to post it up.

Si.

Ah great to see, A Bisimoto guy, comes with the proof!

Any questions or disbeliefs talk to him!

Glad to see you on the forum Julio, seen you on CB7tuner.