What's new

Petrol Gauge Light ?

peter61_uk

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 3.0 V6 Coupe
Hi All ............... I have a 2000 model V6 V Coupe... My first question. Is there supposed to be a "warning light" on the petrol gauge ??? If there is, then mine doesn't work.............. Is it a filament bulb I can change or an LED which I can't ?????

Cheers
Peter

I'm guessing the coupes will be similar to the saloons/hatches, where the bulbs are in holders in the rear of the instrument cluster. There should definitely be a low fuel light on a car that age, so I'd guess your bulb has blown!

Thanks Josh,

I guess I'll need to "Crowbar" the Instrument Cluster out ............ Perhaps, tomorrow I'll go see my local "Hi-way Robber" Dealer and see if they have a bulb first.

Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk said:
Thanks Josh,

I guess I'll need to "Crowbar" the Instrument Cluster out ............ Perhaps, tomorrow I'll go see my local "Hi-way Robber" Dealer and see if they have a bulb first.

Cheers
Peter
not as hard as you think to get the cluster out

Well I've had the instrument cluster out .................. and there is nothing in the way of a bulb that might be for the low fuel light......... and on close examination of the fuel gauge there doesn't even appear to be any small area at the bottom of the gauge that might want to light up anyhow ????

So I guess I just don't have one.

Cheers All
Peter

not sure if i remember right but i think its T5 bulb. just get LED bulb with wires and mount it to T5 bracket/holder/plastic thing :)

I've looked, had the instrument cluster apart and there is absolutely nowhere to put a bulb of any description in the vicinity of the fuel gauge............ There is a whole row of them for the transmission indicator lights but no space at all for a bulb anywhere near the fuel gauge ???? :unsure:

Looks like the fuel warning light should be a square symbol to the left of the car diagram for the door open warning, below the auto gear indicator lights

I thought all the number 7 bulbs were panel illumination .......... But, now looking at the position of the bottom left one (on the rear view) that could well be it.......... I'll have another look at it on Monday and see if it needs replacing............ Luckily I have a load of that size bulb I took out of an instrument cluster I ditched a while back.

............ I'll report back.

Thanks
Peter

Just had a look at the above link, it is number 7. Replace the bulb on that mate and you should be on to a winner :)