What's new

Radiator

Dave04

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel
The car went to Honda about a year ago to have the manifold changed and when i got it back they had broken the short hose from the top of the rad to the expansion tank (a common fault when changing a manifold apparantly) which they made a repair on that has recently failed, I have decided to replace the radiator and the cheapest i could find is this one > http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Honda_Accord_2.2_2004/p/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/cooling/car-radiator/?203600640&1&c47f974fe71f1f2e59253b9a8ec7434c0df5a6b2&000261 would there be anything wrong with using this one instead of an original Honda part and does anyone know of somewhere i can get a cheaper part or another solution to the problem? thanks in advance.

OEM isn't too much more expensive to be honest
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__0502&block_03=2847
but why not ask the garage that fit it to repair it since it was their fault for damaging the hose initially??

Hi,

I also like the suggestion of getting it repaired by the garage that broke it, but if that doesn't work out then I can recommend this eBay seller... http://stores.ebay.co.uk/budget-radiators78?_trksid=p4340.l2563

You'll have to contact them as they don't currently list one for a modern Accord on the link given. I recently bought a radiator from them for wifey's Toyota MR2 and are very pleased with it.

Jon

I've never heard of radiator problems when changing a manifold, maybe someone can clarify.

If the dealer broke the hose in the 1st place get them to replace the rad as it looks like its been bogged up.
Also iv nether heard this being a problem before it sounds like the dealers were pulling a fast one IMO

the exhaust mani is no where near the rad..

Never had my garage 'damage' my rad hose to the expansion tank. i would get them to fix it.

Cheers for all the replys, ill try and go back to the garage on monday to see what they say, my only conserns are that I have no documentation of any work ever being done as it was under waranty and the other is that I've made an attempt to fix their repair so they may use that against me, ill even be happy if they just give me a new rad and ill fit it myself.

You don't usually receive paperwork for warranty work, but its all recorded under your chassis/reg.

I would seriously question why they broke it and then said its common because its not, they made a mistake and should of done a acceptable repair using a new part rather than what sounds like a bodged repair.

Failing that a quality pattern part should be ok, but compare against original as the price difference may be minimal.

I've never heard of radiator problems when changing a manifold, maybe someone can clarify.

Technicians usually have to sit on top of the engine to get access to the back of the block to get to manifold. I personally remove anything that can get broken i.e IMRC Valve and boost solenoid valve but ive witnessed fitters (I wouldnt call them technicians) in main dealers not care and literally jump on the engine.

Technicians usually have to sit on top of the engine to get access to the back of the block to get to manifold. I personally remove anything that can get broken i.e IMRC Valve and boost solenoid valve but ive witnessed fitters (I wouldnt call them technicians) in main dealers not care and literally jump on the engine.

I never even gave that a thought. My mate who is quite short often has to climb on top of the engine whilst working on his car.