What's new

Rattly boot spoiler (touring)

Fandango

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen I-DTEC
Hi all.

Have had a tedious little knocking noise from the rear of my Tourer for some time now.

Anyway today I was polishing the car, and notice the tailgate spoiler is loose and could be the mystery rattle.

Not sure how to remove / re-secure it, has anyone here done this?

Cheers

I think if you get stuck in taking off the interior trim on the tail gate, you'll unearth the necessary bolts that hold the spoiler on. Could be timely, but with a trim removal tool, it shouldn't be too hard to do. Here's the LINGS tailgate diagram which may help.

Tailgate lining:
B__3950.jpg

Tailgate itself:

B__5501.jpg

Cheers for that, can you direct me to the original online document pls, as I need to enlarge it for clarity.

Click the thumbnail, it'll open full size...

Thanks Steve.

Was quite straight forward. For anyone else that does it, just make sure you drape an old blanket across the roof (as I did) for when the spoiler pops off.

Anyway, I used number plate double sided tape, (it is taped at each side), and spoiler is now very secure, just going to test drive it, to see if it was the original cause!

Cheers

Thanks Steve.

Was quite straight forward. For anyone else that does it, just make sure you drape an old blanket across the roof (as I did) for when the spoiler pops off.

Anyway, I used number plate double sided tape, (it is taped at each side), and spoiler is now very secure, just going to test drive it, to see if it was the original cause!

Cheers
Hi mate, did it fix the rattle?