What's new

Rear brake again

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
Noticed the nearside rear disc was looking neglected and could see the visible brake pad was almost spent. Had lots of problems with rear brake binding before and already replaced the caliper on the rear drivers side
which cured that problem.
So having bought a pair of calipers thought it was a good opportunity to replace the other side with new pads and caliper and be done with the problems.
In the process I noticed the disc was knackered so got a couple of them winging their way to me.
Anyway, replaced caliper and pads and took it for a test drive to the local pub and noticed the rear disc with the new caliper was cooking, gone blue.
So now I have ordered a new rear brake hose hoping that is the only thing left that can be causing this problem.
Anyone else had this kind of scenario?

I've mentioned before. Get one of these, take the caliper off the ***embly, remove pads and (with the brake reservoir cap off) , squeeze as hard as you can until the piston is fully retracted.

All the debris in the pipes should now be in minute pieces and most will be in the reservoir which can be sucked out and new fluid put in.
I've not had to drain or replace anything since I had a similar issue years back.

Wrench.jpg

Not sure about that, the brake fluid was pristine when bleeding. Some say the brake hose can turn into a one way system, keeping constant
pressure on the caliper. Replacing it will settle the problem or not fingers crossed.

It's more to do with fluid in the caliper that has been subjected to high temperatures. All contaminants will char and settle in the chamber.

Since you have replaced the pads then the capacity reduces considerably but the same amount of debris remains, bleeding will still show clean.

Quickly forcing everything back up the pipes to the master cylinder will confirm if it really is a one way flow.

But I fitted a new caliper, no debris in that I hope.