What's new

recaros into cl9

allan_tifa

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type s
looking to know if the 99-02 accord type r recaro rails fit the cl9 and would the rails from the 99on atr fit any recaro seat? as I've just purchased a set of r3 recaros with side airbags thanks in advance guys

I've just picked up some ATR recaros myself.

Hopefully goin to get my mate to fit them in a few weeks. (He works or honda)

Hopefully retro fit cl9 rails to the seat and a resistor for the airbag.

I am clueless on this stuff so any info is also useful for me.

Seen a fe paces people saying not to bother. Pah, we av to try!

Perhaps you could make a DIY to this post? I like the recaro seats

Yea which is a plus so I should be able to connect them to the existing oem sensors just need to chance the plug/connection and should be straight forward

So little update left the car in this morning expecting a smooth process few hours later some complications came to light because the recaro sits curved underneath where usually you bum sits this means if installed like that I won't be able to move the seats forward and back, next was that their was no way to use the rails on it either and not as simple as putting a bracket extension to make them fit, so I'm now goin to be getting a custom subframe made which will also bring the height up abit so the bottom doesn't touch also will be using the the oem accord rails modified to fit the recaros so should be all done in the next day or to, as for the airbags in the recaros I'm not going to bother with trying to see if they will work with the oem plug so I will be using 2.2ohm resistors for the seats in other words I won't have a airbag light on the dash plus the fronts will be still functional