What's new

Replacing ECU on accord gen7

Justincase

Reaction score
Car
Type-S Accord 2007
Hey all, about half a year ago I've bought 2007 accord type-s, it was smooth until mid summer. Then I noticed that the car often wouldn't start on the first try, all it took was just quickly turning it off and on again and it would start no problem. After about another month it would become unpredictable and sometimes I had to play this way for 10min. I read around and found out that it might be corroded ECU. After taking it out I found this to be the issue, however before the summer ended, it died out completely. Tried fixing it by soldering rusted lanes, but didn't help at all. After painstakingly looking for a replacement ECU, finally found exactly the same 37820-RBB-E05.
My questions right now is:
  1. Can I replace data on the new ECU myself, maybe even program in the old VIN?
  2. Will it just work, or do I need additional immobilizer setup?
  3. As I've been ignored by honda dealership on these questions, How hard is it to do it myself/what tools and software would I need?
  4. And what would you recommend I do?
Just additional information, I'm from Lithuania and the car is sitting still further away from any major city, so I'm starting to run out of options.
Thanks in advance

You’ll need access to a Honda Dealer System and a PCM code calculator. You can google it, an example here:

You’ll need access to a Honda Dealer System and a PCM code calculator. You can google it, an example here:

Thanks for the info! I have just one question. As my old ECU doesn't really connect to any reader I will not be able to read data, is there any other way to generate the codes required for immobilizer setup?

Last edited:
I think you can do it from your VIN and code generator but you’ll need to do your own research sorry