What's new

Replacing Turbo in 2009 MKVIII i-DTEC

rlphyg

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord MKVIII
Hello all,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before. My car is a 2009 MKVIII I-DTEC

Had some trouble with the DPF in my Accord which has since been removed, however it now appears it has caused some damage to the turbo which needs to be replaced.
I've had the car for the previous 5 years and milage is at 285,000kms now. My garage has said that a new turbo is going to cost €2200 + vat + labour (need to buy it through Honda apparently). The car is not worth that, especially in its current state.
Having done some research I am curious about aftermarket turbos, which appear a lot cheaper and at least say they are new - for example: https://www.auto-doc.ie/henkel-parts/15048671 has anyone any experience with these? Should they be avoided?

Ideally if I could cut my losses I would scrap it and purchase a new car as the car owes me nothing at this stage, but I'm not really in the best position to at the moment. And I do love the car haha!

Any advice appreciated.

I would strip it down and clean it. We do them in our workshop, they are fine after that.