What's new

Revs drop when coming to a stop

pyle

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hello guys,

I've recently bought an 07 Accord CL9 2.4 and noticed when I press the clutch the revs drop to around 600 and jump back up to around 1100 and then slowly to the normal idle speed of just over 600. So far I've cleaned the throttle body, PCV and map sensor I've reset the ECU but improvement was just slight and the problem is still present. Any ideas are welcome I'm begging to think my TPS is going bad...
Cheers.

Small update, changes plugs and valve lash adjusted. It made little difference. Now once fully warmed up, won't go below target idle, with AC now it would drop to 500 and just go back to normal, not shoot to 1000 a few times. I have been on a long drive and probably cleared the cat a bit, could that be the issues a clogged cat?

Worth cleaning your intake manifold out too and change the gasket.

Doesn't sound like the TPS issue I have (in very hot weather the car will sometimes go into limp mode, requiring servisol switch cleaner sprayed on the connector)

id be checking for vacuum leaks
I tried blocking the intake with my hand to see if the engine would breath through somewhere else when under high suction but nothing it almost stalled..

this sounds like and EP3 civic i had in for the same problem, different set up i know as it was a cable operated throttle body, but that had a high idle until you turned the ac on then it dropped down to normal. i cleaned the idle control valve and that sorted the problem, leads me to believe its a problem with you idle control system, best way to check this would be to plug it in to a diagnostic and see what revs the car thinks its doing at idle

No codes at all and it doesn't have idle control system, it's dbw.

Where though? Tps and tb are my guesses and I read that small changes in idle are controlled by ignition so I was thinking if my knock sensor is not doing it's job.