What's new

Ride Height Question

Carter

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 2.4 Ex Tourer
Okay, before you ask I have searched and all the posts refer to the drop you get with Type A suspension, but not the actual ride height (wheel centre to arch). Why am I asking? Well, how do you tell if your Accord has Type A fitted already? Sometimes I think my tourer looks lower than other Accords I see about but I know its a subtle drop. If nobody know I'll just have to start prowling the streets with my tape measure...

Okay, before you ask I have searched and all the posts refer to the drop you get with Type A suspension, but not the actual ride height (wheel centre to arch). Why am I asking? Well, how do you tell if your Accord has Type A fitted already? Sometimes I think my tourer looks lower than other Accords I see about but I know its a subtle drop. If nobody know I'll just have to start prowling the streets with my tape measure...

Well the standard gap between the top of the wheel with 17" tyres is about 8.5cm. If the A-spec can drop upto 40mm, so if you've a gap of 4-5cm then you've either a lowered car or a collapsed spring! :ph34r:

FWIW - I'd one some of my tourer that was 6cm and it was due to a sagging spring.

Thanks for the info. Knowing my luck it'll be a collapsed spring. I'll get the tape measure out tomorrow.