What's new

running problem.

donnylad

Reaction score
Car
accord
hey guys thought id ask if any 1 could help me or not.

i have a accord 1998 2.0 vtec. was driving ok, a very little lumpy on idle but not much. was driving home earlier put ym foot down in second gear and it hit 4k rmp thern dropped to about 3200, then back up to 4k etc. it keep doing it and wont go over 4k, in every gear or in neutral.

maybe being starved from fuel or something?

thanks in advance.

no, i will do that in the morning when its light, thanks for that.

I have the same problem.. 2001 1.8s Manual car runs fine and then decides that it want rev over 3500 rpm.. ( Vtec not engaging) dault code that comes back is P1259 ( Vtec System Fault) this was from a local independent that had a quick look for me. After resetting the code I managed to get a dealer to have a quick look, code was unknown to them and since it was cleared nothing showed as a fault.. they did check oil levels etc all ok.

Light is back on so I need to get it to a dealer again to have a look at the fault code to see if they can determine the fault.

Interestingly if I kill the engine and restart all is ok again car revs over 4000rpm without any issues, it would appear only to happen after driving for a period of time..

If anyone has any ideas would appreaciate your ***istance.. as it is the only thing wrong with the car..

Try cleaning the EGR plate.

Hi James, did cleaning the EGR plate work? as i now have this exact same code??

(I have already cleaned the EGR valve and this code still comes on)

cheers.

Geoff.

Have any of you checked that the Vtec solenoid is connected? It's near the dizzy cap. I only suggest this cause i was doing some work, left it off and couldn't for thelife of me find out why th ecar wasn't hitting Vtec.