What's new

Sat Nav DVD rom replacement

Max10

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Diesel
Hi folks,

I would really appreciate some advice - got DVD disk reading error on my accord for the first time yesterday. It's 2005 accord with original 2.05 sat nav disc.

I checked the disc this morning and it's scratch free. Was trying to insert the disc back in the CD rom, making a loud knocking noise when inserting and ejecting noise. The disc is now not going back in. I think the CD rom might be knackered.

Is it worth replacing? Or am I better off buying a new portable sat nav?

I live in Coventry and I have read the alpine store might be able to ***ist with repair?

I forget the company but they are authorized repairers. It's £75 fixed fee or similar.

here you go

www.dtronix.co.uk

but if it's just disc read error search for a post how to clean the lense manually...do this first and then you can check with the repairer.

Member Fahad made a recent post about a guy that repairs them aswell

Does anyone know if if the dvd unit SEA-E1 will work in my car as my unit is SEA-G0
I have already cleaned the laser lens and still get disk read errors, tested the disk on p,c dvd drive and it reads fine so im guessing my unit is knackered.
So seen one on ebay but the unit numbers are differant but hoping they are both the same ?

Check the connectors on the back. If they are identical then it will. Careful not to get US one, it will not work.