What's new

sat nav issues

bram

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 sport
Hi,
I have a 07 accord 2.2 diesel. Sat nav has been starting to turn itself on while driving when it was off and while it was on it would either turn black or the display would get "scrambled", like it had bad reception. Sometimes it would be on for a few minutes before this would happen or sometimes it would not do anything at all. It would a few times on a short trip but the last few days it hardly ever comes on, just the sattelite navigation screen ( the first thing you would normally see when it starts up) but in a scrambled way and then the screen goes blank. The ac, info and other sat nav related buttons don't work either.
I have checked the connections at the back of the unit and they are in place. I have tested the battery which is on 14v while the car is running and on 12,6v the next morning. I have unbolted and cleaned the two earth straps and I have cleaned the battery poles etc. I have also tried another battery on the car which also did not do anything. I'm running out of ideas now so any help would be great!

Welcome to the forum Bram is the disk a genuine nav tech disk or a copy.

Welcome to the Forum. As Brett says... genuine or copy. The copied discs tend to cause problems - read errors, slow to load etc...

Genuine disk. I was not really considering the disk because I never had any error messages and when it does switch on, it works spot on. Can disk problems lead to the ac button not working?

Forgot to mention that when it switches on and I press accept, it works then goes scrambled and then it goes blank, but the display is still illuminated. If it is dark outside you can see clearly that the display is still on, the screen is just blank and the buttons dont work anymore.

Would the three buttons to the left of the display ( info, audio and ac) work without a dvd in the dvd player or dont they work without a dvd in it?

Nope! Without DVD you're restricted to navigating the sound and air con via the buttons on the console, but no screen controls. This isn't such a big deal and there's nothing you can't do on the stereo, other than maybe change your radio presets. It's just a bit like the Krypton Factor figuring out how to adjust certain aspects :rolleyes: .

As for the Aircon you can either run auto or blast the screen with the de-mist setting. That's in my opinion enough as I tend to leave the auto on all the time and just notch the temperature up and down accordingly.

But you can bet anything, if you try and get by without the screen, you'll find yourself needing to access the air con or radio controls on the screen :rolleyes: .

Cheers for that, I was thinking about an electrical fault because those buttons were not working. Seems I was thinking in the wrong direction. Guess Ill give the laser and the dvd a clean. The dvd does have some small scratches on it. Would it be worth getting a new one?

I got a copied V2.11 disc and at times it can be slow loading, or display "Disc Error" "older version of software" etc, esp when it is warm. But it usually rectifies itself once switched off and on