What's new

Sat Nav

Cl7eire

Reaction score
Car
Mk7 2.2
Well lads, hope someone here knows about the sat nav units in these cars. I've a facelift 2.2 icdti sport with the premium sound unit. My car didn't come with a sat nav disc, so I can't enter the menus. I bought a 2018 3.xxx disc but when inserted I get an error, "disc reading error, please contact your dealer" the guy I bought it from said without the old disc there's no way of knowing what disc I need or it could be a hdd or sdd unit. Anyway of getting this sorted?

Hi, I have 05 2.4 petrol and my disc is APN2 ver. 2.01 and my system is dvd based - long storey but bought the latest 2.11 update disc of the net, turns out it must have been a copy (worked for a while then disc reading error) so reverted back to my original 2.01 disc ! is the reader mounted below the centre console, above the ash tray ? are you sure the reader is not faulty ? If you contact Honda they should be able to tell you details of your system - you should be able to install the new disc AFTER you have entered the system settings - run engine, insert disc then disc error. models prior to 2007 press MENU + ZOOM down keys together and hold for 2 seconds, this should take you to "system link" and play a fanfare sound, if this does not work your reader "eye" could need cleaning or be faulty or wrong disc version - Give this a try first - if it does, re-post and I can supply the complete "Force Download" instructions. If your system is APN3 then a 3.xxx disc should be accepted as you don`t say what year your car is The APN3 is voice enabled and NOT compatible to APN2 which is not - let us know how you get on.
Hope this helps.