What's new

Self levelling headlights

Alex of Smeg

Reaction score
Car
Accord type S 2011
I have a 2011 type S, the stupid auto levelling headlights are a nuisance especially on these dark nights. If I'm parked up stationary then the lights come up high and if I jump on and off the tow bar they adjust accordingly. But when I'm driving they just go to their fully dipped no matter what so I can only see about 4m down the road. Anyone know what to try? Testing resistance on the sensors or something? If not can I unplug them when I get them in a good position? Which plug would it be? TIA

There is a levelling sensor on the control arm front and rear. Might be sticky or dirty

There are connecting links made from cast aluminum on each of the levelling sensors that can break. One at the rear one at the front. These can be replaced with 2 universal joints with a connecting threaded bar. Easy and cheap fix as the connecting links cannot be bought, only as part of the full ***embly.

Can
There are connecting links made from cast aluminum on each of the levelling sensors that can break. One at the rear one at the front. These can be replaced with 2 universal joints with a connecting threaded bar. Easy and cheap fix as the connecting links cannot be bought, only as part of the full ***embly.
Where can I find the levelling sensors? my lights don't seem to move at all and recently I had a car full on the motorway recently and noticed that my lights were aiming quite high.