What's new

Solved well not 100%

Quirrel

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 Accord Estate
My car is 1000% better.

However after a trip from Newcastle to London and back I have noticed the following.

Push the accelerator gently and it speeds up nicely.

Push it gently, let go and push it down hard, it has a flat spot, then starts to pick up.

It works, it goes fine, but there is something not quite right there.

It feels as if it's being held back, but it does go and it hasn;t gone into limp mode at all.

I don't know what Accords should be like. My SAAB was pretty much put your foot down and it went, Golf was the same, but this is a different and a bit odd.

Not sure if it's the - got hesitation - thread or not.

Sounds like what ive just been through new fuel filter made hell of a diffrence to mine when was yours last changed

Yep, sounds like turbo lag - that's how these are setup on standard factory map.

Besides if there was a problem, you'd have had an engine warning by now really.

They have that much turbo lag - ****** hell.

It is really like driving a Saab 9000

Why do you push it gently, let go, then push it hard? If you're pushing it gently just push it hard, you're just confusing the car telling it you want to slow down then hitting it with a surprise throttle attack.

Again your all missing what he is saying I have just been through the same dilemma. Mate when was your fuel filter changed,

Again your all missing what he is saying I have just been through the same dilemma. Mate when was your fuel filter changed,

Enlighten us?

From this:
Push the accelerator gently and it speeds up nicely.

Push it gently, let go and push it down hard, it has a flat spot, then starts to pick up.

It works, it goes fine, but there is something not quite right there.

Sounds to me like normal operation, if you don't drive a car smoothly and instead you play with the throttle on and off rapidly then the turbo/ECU/throttle body etc all get out of sync for a split second, and when you floor it it takes a second for the car to realise "right you've stopped messing around, so forget all this fuel saving nonsense and get going". IME it's never quite right up to the redline after this kind of throttle play, if you drive slowly/smoothly up to 2K then floor it, it accelerates much nicer than lifting off and waiting for it to drop to 2k and then flooring it.

I think what he is trying to say is when driving he dare't put is foot down as there is nothing there,it feels like its in limp home mode but its not cause if you put slight pressure on the accelerator it gradually speeds up but not how it should do.Quirrel when did you last change the fuel filter if you dont reply we cant help you

FF done a week or so ago, air filter and oil.

Had loads of problems with it which were eventually down to two pipes on the turbo the wrong way around and a loose pipe to the actuator. - I can now actually hear my turbo spool up and not go into limp mode.

Maybe I'm expecting too much of it with regards to the turbo kicking in.

As I said my Golf was fine, it would start spooling up around 1800rpm, the SAAB was about the same, the Accord appears to be around 2300-2500 before the real shove kicks in.

It's the plant my foot down to pull out in 5th and have nothing for a second or so that I don;t like at all. Not all the time, but most of the time. At motorway speed in 5th I would expect it to do its thing.

It might just be turbo lag that I'm feeling though.

Sounds like a std map to me the normal lag you get with a stock icdti.

change down a gear ;)

If you let go then floor it, you will have abit of hesistation. something a remap will improve.

Just had it remapped by Fahad.

Appears to have solved the annoyance. Strange how little things in a car can really irritate you.