What's new

speakers

cstew

Members
Reaction score
Car
02 Accord VTEC Sport
Had a search through the forums and can't seem to find any information on the speaker size for the MK6 accord, can't really find anything on google either! Closest I got was they should be 6.5"/17cm, can anybody shed any light on this? Although the standard speakers are pretty decent, probably the best in any car I've had, now I've got my stereo and sub fitted, they are letting down the sound a little bit, would like to pimp things up a bit.

Hey Craig. The fronts IIRC are 13 or 13.5 cm. As for the rears, get yourself a nice set of 4 way 6x9s. The pioneer range is my personal favourite. I used to fit audio systems to mates cars a lot, and find that the pioneer speakers give the best clarity and depth of sound for a small outlay.

With regard to the fronts, leave the standard ones in as they are great speakers anyway, and splice in some tweeters. You won't be sorry dude.

If your running a decent sub, my preference would be components upfront hooked to amp and do away with speakers in rear

I've always found that without rear speakers the sound clarity, not quality, is a little 'missing' if you know what i mean. The rear of the car acts like the body of a drum and cuases reverb around the inside of a car giving a deeper quality to the music.

I've always gone with 4 way 6x9s on the rear shelf, 13 cm 3 ways in the doors and a set of quality tweeters mounted on the top of the dash near the vents (side ones) or in the bit of plastic that covers the electronics for the door mirrors.

It does come down to preference really, even with rear fill you will want to adjust the level down so your barely concious of it. But it is personal preference. I always look at components if Im considering replacing door speakers, its more wiring and planning but clarity is miles above coaxial types. One more thing to keep in mind is deck mounted speakers can cancel out the bass from a sub too.

I always look at components if Im considering replacing door speakers, its more wiring and planning but clarity is miles above coaxial types. One more thing to keep in mind is deck mounted speakers can cancel out the bass from a sub too.
Exactly this!!!!! B) B) B) B)

Spot on Sal.

Hi all
I've not long had the car AnD replaced the standard Bose head unit now the boot spkr doesn't worrk do ii need another adapter.
Many thanks

As far as I'm aware there's no adapter, the sub in the boot is running off an amp which has it's own connector and not all 6th gens had this option so I'm guessing that's why the Accord adapter loom doesn't take it into account. If someone on here has a wiring diagram then it should be possible to splice the connector for the sub & amp into the adapter loom you currently have - I'd like to see this myself as it's a job on my to do list!

What HU did you replace the standard one with? An aftermarket?

If so the adapter that you buy from a shop will not run the sub for you. That was a different ciruit. But dispear not. A good amp will cost no more than £50 and then all you need to do is run the Remote cable (the blue thin one) from the rear of the HU to the amp. Aswell as some RCA leads.

Thanks bud
It's a kenwood
Fitted by ######## useless didn't even connect rear spkrs
Think ire fit anamp myself nextime