What's new

Stereo to 3.5mm plug adaptor from ebay, do they work ok?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Accord-Civic-3-5MM-iPhone-5-Charging-Car-MP3-Interface-AUX-In-Adapter-/281442061773?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4187410dcd

Also I found this one, a few pence more and seems to have an extra connection for charging. seems like the kind you'd use to charge a blackberry or a camera. i'll probably go with this item as it offers more for a few pence more. Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldnt work?

Also as a kind of side note does the accord cd player play mp3's or only wav's?

Thanks

not seen those before,, I tried the Connects2 system about £30 which I WOULDNT recommend. ebay item number 180732003409.. noise quality not too good.

I even purchased direct from manufactures in person as I deliver/collect from them. only gave me a measly 10% discount. (there was I expecting a freebie)

I think 'X Car Link' (sp) is designed to do this on Accords, it functions through the aux input of the head unit. I think a few people on here run them so they may be able to advise?

I seen a post on here from someone trying one of cheaper one's from ebay a few weeks ago they could let you know if it's any good. The white plug looks correct though.

I have just fitted a connects 2 to my standard radio and is great. The quality is supperb. Got it from amazon £30. I did replace the lead that plug's into my iPod for a longer one as the one supplied is too short. Hope this helps. Part number is CTVHOX001 From Dynamic Sounds ltd.

Hi guys, my car already had an xcarlink in but only connects to iphones, I have an android. So I fancy the one mattster has installed,
2 questions.... does it plug in, in the same place as the xcarlink?
Also the xcarlink has stopped chargeing my wifes iphone when she connects it, she use to just use it as a charger, do these have a fuse that might have blown or something?

Kris81 said:
Hi guys, my car already had an xcarlink in but only connects to iphones, I have an android. So I fancy the one mattster has installed,
2 questions.... does it plug in, in the same place as the xcarlink?
Also the xcarlink has stopped chargeing my wifes iphone when she connects it, she use to just use it as a charger, do these have a fuse that might have blown or something?
To question 1 - yes, they plug into the same place as the xcarlink.

Question 2 - I can't answer as I've never seen an xcarlink... hopefully someone who has will be along shortly!

I had in my cl7 connects2 device and I nevet been happy with the sound quality, and almost every time afterp laying 4-6 tracks the device was getting freezed.
The best option will be the Grom device, it plays flac files

My gizmo arrived today :) I just fitted it and it works a treat :D Im really chuffed with it for the £15 I paid. The other connector doesnt support blackberry but is still useful for camera charging. Some install piccys below...

I routed the cables nicely last night. If you remove the 12v cigarette thingy from inside the arm rest cubby hole you shall see a hole underneath it. I used some bendy wire to pull the cables through to that point. You will need to drill a hole through the triangular 12v cigarette thingy housing that lines up with the hole you just pulled the cables through to. I then pierced the rubber matting with a screwdriver and pulled the cables through that. So basically nothing can fall through the hole that was drilled because the rubber matting creates a tight seal. If I get a chance i'll upload some pics.

The other connection that came with mine is actually an iphone charger.

I hope that helps someone else