What's new

Strange electrical issues...

JustLurking

Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex I-Ctdi 2.2
Hi all

I've got myself a 7th gen 2008 2.2 acoord Ex and it's been playing up these last couple of days...

It has randomly started to intermittently lock from the key fob but will unlock all the time, when the car is locked from the key sometimes the car alarm will go off randomly so I started locking the car from inside and closing the driver's door to have a locked car... Worked for a bit now this also sets the car alarm off. Now mostly leaving the car unlocked on the driveway.

As for inside the car, I'm having an intermittent issue with my rear wiper randomly starting to engage and I can't turn it off (regardless of input from the stalk) this would normally stop by itself. It is a similar situation with the Open boot notification, this would randomly ping on and off throughout a journey and I can confirm that the boot is 100% shut and the electronic lock is engaged. The last issue is with my left indicator, this might just stay on after it has been used ( hazard lights / indicated left with the stalk / unlock/lock from the key fob), all physical lights on the left of the car will be illuminated and the light on the dash will be a solid green light.

That's my current situation, the above doesn't happen every single time I get in the car but would estimate 80% of the time something wants to act up. I'm ***uming that the best place to start would be the fuse and relay connectors and look for any corrosion etc.

Just an FYI i'm not the most knowlegable guy when it comes down to repairing cars but i'm willing to learn so you might need to spell things out for me... I've been servincing the car at home every 7/8k miles aswell as a few other little bits of maintenence just to give you some understandming of my compenttency haha!

Thanks for any help guys!!

Start by Checking your battery is good , 12.6v minimum and its connections are tight.

Hi all

I've got myself a 7th gen 2008 2.2 acoord Ex and it's been playing up these last couple of days...

It has randomly started to intermittently lock from the key fob but will unlock all the time, when the car is locked from the key sometimes the car alarm will go off randomly so I started locking the car from inside and closing the driver's door to have a locked car... Worked for a bit now this also sets the car alarm off. Now mostly leaving the car unlocked on the driveway.

As for inside the car, I'm having an intermittent issue with my rear wiper randomly starting to engage and I can't turn it off (regardless of input from the stalk) this would normally stop by itself. It is a similar situation with the Open boot notification, this would randomly ping on and off throughout a journey and I can confirm that the boot is 100% shut and the electronic lock is engaged. The last issue is with my left indicator, this might just stay on after it has been used ( hazard lights / indicated left with the stalk / unlock/lock from the key fob), all physical lights on the left of the car will be illuminated and the light on the dash will be a solid green light.

That's my current situation, the above doesn't happen every single time I get in the car but would estimate 80% of the time something wants to act up. I'm ***uming that the best place to start would be the fuse and relay connectors and look for any corrosion etc.

Just an FYI i'm not the most knowlegable guy when it comes down to repairing cars but i'm willing to learn so you might need to spell things out for me... I've been servincing the car at home every 7/8k miles aswell as a few other little bits of maintenence just to give you some understandming of my compenttency haha!

Thanks for any help guys!!
Since it looks in the main to be a rear of vehicle issue I would start with the wiring loom to the boot area.
Are there any cracks in the light fittings that may have let water into the lamps ?
Do you have a warm garage you can park the car in for a couple of days ?