What's new

Strange Noise When Braking Car

Max10

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Diesel
Hi all,

Just noticed a strange noise when I am trying to slow the car down. It's makes one clanking noise when I press the clutch down only when I am slowing down to stop ie changing back to 1st gear. Clutch seems to be working fine just a strange one off noise when slowing down.

Any advise much appreciated.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9594-knocking-felt-when-accelerating-and-braking/

Have a read, see if it the same problem

Need a bit more info I think, can you feel anything through the steering wheel or the pedals? Where does the noise appear to be coming from?

Agree with Trev we need more info and a possible vid please

Thanks for the feedback, drove the car this morning and seems to be OK I think? I had the windows open yesterday evening when I heard the news so not to sure whether the noise is normal clutch noise. (but it did seem loud yesterday). Drove with the windows closed this morning and couldn't really hear much noise and same when I opened the windows. I will see how it goes over next few days and take it from their. Car is driving fine and clutch changing Ok, just yesterday evening heard noise when braking and changing gears 1-2.

Sorry forget to mention no feeling on steering wheel or clutch pedal.

Thanks for the feedback, drove the car this morning and seems to be OK I think? I had the windows open yesterday evening when I heard the news so not to sure whether the noise is normal clutch noise. (but it did seem loud yesterday). Drove with the windows closed this morning and couldn't really hear much noise and same when I opened the windows. I will see how it goes over next few days and take it from their. Car is driving fine and clutch changing Ok, just yesterday evening heard noise when braking and changing gears 1-2.

just a thought, as you had you windows open, just check the brake pads are releasing ok and not sticking a little.

Is the car driving the same as when you got it, nothing else seems slightly different, no stalling or rough idle.

Otherwise wait until you hear the noise again and see if you can repeat the noise on demand.

Thanks mate, I had rear discs and pads changed about a month ago, so not to sure whether anything is related. I will keep a listen out!

Could be a slighly loose pad shifting in the carrier due to being smaller, try going backwards and forwards and using your brakes.

Hi mate, The noise from my DMF was a low knocking noise and it was a single knock everytime. when it was taken out of the car it had a horrible amount of play in the thing and that was causing the knocking.

The other comment about checking the brakes is a valid point I had a loose calliper that made a knock everytime i slowed down so it would be worth checking them out before you look at replacing the DMF.

Hope it helps.

Lee