What's new

TAILGATE OPERATION

spannerman

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type s tourer
Hi all..I have just purchased a 2003 Tourer with the electronic tailgate.....The battery was flat the other day and I just want to know the correct reset procedure for the operation of the tailgate...At the moment if I press the keyfob button the tailgate opens up all the way to the top but when I press the button again to closeit wont come back down correctly......

Hi mate.
Was it working before correctly? Does it stay in place when you open it? Dont think battery has anything to do with tailgate operation, mine was working fine after I replaced the battery. It seems to me like a tailgate motor failure... Anything on the dashboard?
Dan

Hi mate.
Was it working before correctly? Does it stay in place when you open it? Dont think battery has anything to do with tailgate operation, mine was working fine after I replaced the battery. It seems to me like a tailgate motor failure... Anything on the dashboard?
Dan

The tailgate opens from the closed position and goes all the way up to the top. when pressing the button to close it comes down about three inches then stops moving....

Although no experience I've heard a lot of tailgate problems can be resolved by disconnecting the battery. When the battery was reconnected after charged was it a straight reconnection or was the power on and off (if that makes sense). It sounds daft but try disconnecting the battery and trying again. Sometimes the ecu can become confused apparently.

I read a comment on The AOC site (I think) where a member experienced tailgate problems, he found that there was a second connection to the battery positive terminal that was not making a good connection. Once he cleaned and reattached this his problem was solved.

No experience myself, perhaps worth a check

rgds
Terry

Yep as said try disconnecting the battery to see if that solves the issue, IIRC its to do with the sensor forgetting where the lock is.

Yep disconnecting the battery for a minute or two sorted mine out tempoarily, it`s happened a few times but touch wood it`s been ok for about 4 months now. I carry a 10mm spanner with me now just in case