What's new

Time for a service, would like help and advise please

Don101

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th Gen 2.2 EX
Hi guys, I think it's time my Honda had a good old service and would like advise on what I should have done etc. Car has done nearly 70k now and hasn't had a service for at least 18 months. Just wanted to know, shall I go with the manufacturers recommendations on their service intervals, or shall I just get all the oil and filters changed out for good measure? Also what engine oil should I be using for the best performance?
I was thinking of going to Honda, but the prices quoted seem extortionate for the work they will do to the car. My local garage is highly reputable and they will be able to carry out a lot more work for the same if not cheaper price.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Thanks a lot for the above info. I'm thinking of getting the basic stuff done at my local garage. Things like:

Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Gearbox Oil
Fuel Filter
Spark Plugs

Then get the other stuff like valve clearances/adjustments done by Honda. I think it will save me money, does anyone agree?

Regards

75 k service for a diesel consists of oil, oil filter, fuel filter ,air filter, pollen filter, brake fluid and gearbox oil change plus checkover. The valve clearances are hydraulic so no adjustment required.