What's new

Timing chain gamble

zed786

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Just an update guys on my Accord.

Few months ago I bought another car for the Mrs and decided to sell the Accord, it didn't work out and I decided to keep hold of my car.

Last week I accidently left my key in the boot and I didn't have a spare key, so I was screwed. Thankfully I had a lost key protection policy with my car insurance so I recovered my key.

Yesterday had a look at some paperwork and realised the extended warranty for timing chain expires on 05/05/12. I decided to book the car in for them to check out the timing chain. It did sound a little abnormal but I wasn't sure if it was the timing chain.

Got a call back from Avondale Honda yesterday that they will be sorting out the timing chain next Tuesday :)
Glad thats all sorted
By the way guys, does anyone know where I can pick up some mugen wind deflectors from a UK site

You can pick up from ebay.But they are nearly 180£.Replica are more cheaper.

Good news about the chain as this is not a nice job at all.

By the way guys, does anyone know where I can pick up some mugen wind deflectors from a UK site

glad the chain is being sorted.

drop me a PM and i will give you details of a mugen supplier and he will give you a great deal ;)

good result bro

Great result dude. Nit a cheap repair otherwise,

Just an update guys

Dropped my car off to Avondale Honda today, they said they will try to complete the job by the end of today.

I was expecting them to see my service book to see if the car was regularly maintained but they didn't mention anything.

Great news hopefully it will all be sorted today.

Picked my car up yesterday and timing chain replaced. The guy showed me the invoice for £2150

He then said when we took your car for a drive the clutch kept slipping in 3rd gear :(

£840 under Honda happiness scheme.

hello,

does anyone know what the extended guarantee for the timing chain is for a honda accord 2.2CTDI?

thanks.