What's new

Tourer Boot Lights Not Working

MattyB801

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hi All,

Earlier this week I noticed my boot cargo area internal lights no longer work once I've opened the boot.

The power tailgate works perfectly in every other respect.

I found a tail gate control system wring diagram on the forum and noticed that there is a dedicated tailgate cargo light switch within the tailgate closer unit. Having just taken the closer unit out and pulled it apart, I still couldn't trace the switch that serves the lights. Does anyone know what it looks lie, or what else my segue might be?

Cheers

Matt

Have you checked the switches on the lights themselves haven't been turned off?

Just asking, like...

No help to offer other than my tourer boot lights usually only work 10% of the time too. I'd queried on the old forum without success either and never did trace the problem, though I didn't dismantle too much when investigating and now use a LED torch on the keyring instead...

Well I used a multimeter on the wiring on the weekend and can confirm that that 12V is definately getting to the boot closer unit, its just not providing an earth once the boot is lifted. i.e. once the closer mechanism is "open".

I might try and have another go after holiday, but i'm half expecting to have to strip down the closer unit and clean all contacts. I expect theres a micoswitch in there somewhere which does the job of providing the earth......

Are we talking the square lights in the cargo area? if so they can be switched manually with the sliders built onto the lamp, if it.s the one in the roof then no idea.