What's new

Transmission Oil Check

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

I have read the article by Tarmac Terror re transmission fluid check and I am still a bit confused.

I was given to understand that the oil check plug was at the front of the car just underneath the filler plug but having looked at the pictures it seems to show the oil check plug just above the engine oil drain plug.

Just exactly where is the oil check plug for the manual transmission on a Diesel Mk7 and if it is the front, when I undo the plug and take it out it has a long thread on it and a small spring inside it. Is this it or what.

Many thanks for any help.

Check your owners manual it even shows you how to change the fluid it’s that easy.

Hi F6HAD

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I asked is because I have just drained the transmission oil and the checked fluid amounts in the manual. For a 5 speed manual Trans it states "change 2.2l Total 2.5l"

Car standing on level ground.

The position of the check plug, which is a long bolt with a spring inside the length of the bolt, seems correct also. Just to the right and slightly above the drain plug.

What does the bolt with the spring in it do then??

However although it states in the manual replace the oil until it starts to come out of the check plug hole, I have put in excess of 2.5L and still no oil coming out.

Is it me or is there something weird going on!!!!!

It’s been a long time since I did this myself but from memory the n22b1 engine takes 1.9l of MTF3. Are you looking at the correct information? And both the fill and drain plugs will be clearly indicated in the manual, again have you checked the diagrams? I don’t recall any spring loaded bolt..

My engine is an N22a1 diesel - manual definitely says "change 2.2l Total 2.5l"
Did locate the check plug in the end and drained of the excess oil I had put in but it still needed 2.6L according to the check plug

Very strange but frankly not unusual with this car.

When it goes it will not be replaced with another Honda.

Thanks for your help anyway F6Had

Regards

Sorry my mistake, I was quoting you for the 6 speed. 5 speed takes a greater quantity so doesn’t sound unusual to be fair.