What's new

Type S Suspension replacement

MotoVet

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
I have a 2011 JDM Type S 2.4 Tourer auto. It is in need of new shocks (at least on the rear). So, I'm not messing about and I'm going to replace the lot. I figured I might aswell replace the springs at the same time. I've searched the forum and elsewhere and possible options are...

Koni Yellow with H&R Springs or Eibach Springs

BC Coilovers

Tein Coilovers

Or Bilstein shocks plus above springs

The car is for road so I want some degree of comfort but I want to be able to push it around twisty roads when I desire. My instinct says Koni, plus springs, but I want some INPUT from those that have used various options. Price isn't really an issue as there isn't a lot of difference. I am doing the work myself. THOUGHTS PLEASE?

The Type S already sits lower than standard models but what difference in ride height would I see with a new shock and spring combo? I don't want it slammed on the deck but still want a sporty ride height. I've got 18inch enkei wheels. Spring rates? Do i need camber correction? I may also replace bushes whilst I'm in there. Are Hardrace worth the money or do they make it a bone shaker?

Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately I can’t give you any advice as I haven’t yet started on my suspension, but I intend to do so at some point in the future.

I believe the Type S sits 25mm lower than standard, and from my online research the Tein Flex Zs provide a good balance between comfort and handling, with a suggested ride height drop of between -35 and -15mm. It’s probably what I’ll eventually end up going for as I don’t want to make the ride crashy. Have you checked the US sites tsxclub and acurazine? Lots of info there and they aren’t all completely slammed.

As for Hardrace their rear sway bar seems to come highly recommended. I intend to install it and maybe their LCA bushes as well, as mine have got a little bit sloppy recently.

Is there anyone that has made these changes that could provide insight?

I have a 2011 Type S Tourer and I have made some changes to the suspension. Ive done Custom Spring Rate BC Coilovers with Hard Race Rear Camber and Toe arms. The adjustability that the coilovers offer means that i get to keep the comfort of the stock suspension but have the upgraded handling feel. The Camber and Toe arms are also a must if you plan on lowering the car as the factory arms dont allow you to get the camber and toe back into spec.

The overall feel of the car has improved and ive done over 15000 miles on my setup and i would 100% reccommend it.

extra info:
I have 12k springs in the front and 8k in the rear due to me needing to use my car for work sometimes and having passengers and a full boot at the same time.

Also i have made a post on my car if you want to see the modifications i have made to it.

I have a 2011 JDM Type S 2.4 Tourer auto. It is in need of new shocks (at least on the rear). So, I'm not messing about and I'm going to replace the lot. I figured I might aswell replace the springs at the same time. I've searched the forum and elsewhere and possible options are...

Koni Yellow with H&R Springs or Eibach Springs

BC Coilovers

Tein Coilovers

Or Bilstein shocks plus above springs

The car is for road so I want some degree of comfort but I want to be able to push it around twisty roads when I desire. My instinct says Koni, plus springs, but I want some INPUT from those that have used various options. Price isn't really an issue as there isn't a lot of difference. I am doing the work myself. THOUGHTS PLEASE?

The Type S already sits lower than standard models but what difference in ride height would I see with a new shock and spring combo? I don't want it slammed on the deck but still want a sporty ride height. I've got 18inch enkei wheels. Spring rates? Do i need camber correction? I may also replace bushes whilst I'm in there. Are Hardrace worth the money or do they make it a bone shaker?

Thank you in advance.
hi mate ive got some some brand new BC coilovers for sale for a mk7 tourer if your interested, cheers