What's new

Tyre pressure

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi

I bought and fit new tyres Goodyear 4vector all season 205/55/R16 for my Honda accord 2.2ictdi 2004 executive .
I red on the car frame that pressure should be 2.3 bar up to 180km/h and 2.4 bar for more than 180km/h with fully loaded car.
I applied 2.4 each tyre, back tyres looks fine but front one look like they haven't got enough air pressure, they look like they are really flat, I changed my tyres recently I don't want to damage them because of wrong air pressure.
Please can you advice me.

Thank you, Kamil

I have the same size tyres on my diesel tourer... I always inflate to 35psi (2.4 bar) all round (and use a digital gauge to check, as I don't trust fuel station air lines).

My tyres look right, wear evenly and the handling seems OK.

Thank you, I will go to other petrol station and check it one more time,
Tyres look strange, my father got petrol version'he applied 2.4 bar to and said they look flat too.

they do on my 2.4 too

possibly related to brand of tyre and the surface that the car is on

I have GoodYears Efficient Grip Performance Tyres all round. AFAIK Goodyears make tyres with better rim protection, and don't forget the engine is very heavy, that's why the front two look flatter than the back two :)

I agree with Andy about the engine weight. I put around 36 psi in all 4 of mine and the fronts have always appeared slightly flatter but they're not.

Hi Guys, What would the pressure be with 225/45x17s on a CL9 2.4 Exec. Saloon?

freddofrog said:
In the owners-manual it says to look on the door-pillars Brian
Brian, would that be with the wheel/tyre combination I'm using though or is that the same for all 17" wheels regardless of tyre size, sorry to be fussy but I like my tyre pressures to be correct :) .