What's new

VSA light on and stays on (help needed)

johnmaud

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hi folks,

Had my accord 2.2 icdti for a couple of years now with no problems up until today. I was driving home when the VSA + exlamation mark in a triangle lights came on and stayed on. Tried pressing the vsa button with no effect. Turned off the ignition and back on again but lights are on permenantley. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John.

You need to get the code read John.
If its the code 66.1 then your VSA unit is shot I'm afraid.

hopefully it's just an abs sensor that's after going and not the vsa unit

Hi Johnny, any half decent auto electrician should be able to do it. My vsa light came on and all it was the two front wheels were out of sync with the sensors so weren't registering, causing the vsa to flash up.

It could also be that the VSA sensors need neutralising. Happened to me too, but I've a petrol and don't suffer the 66-1 error.

It could also be that the VSA sensors need neutralising. Happened to me too, but I've a petrol and don't suffer the 66-1 error.
Thanks for the reply guys. If its not the 66-1 error will the auto elecky be able to determine what is causing it. How can you tell if its an abs sensor and what does neutralising the vsa mean. Is the vsa unit a pricey item to buy ?

Cheers again,

John.

Like the guys have said. Mine cam on cause my break pads were very low, changed them and its never happened again.

Thanks for the reply guys. If its not the 66-1 error will the auto elecky be able to determine what is causing it. How can you tell if its an abs sensor and what does neutralising the vsa mean. Is the vsa unit a pricey item to buy ?

All we really need is the error code. It could be a few things from a brake pedal switch, to a sensor, to neutralising, etc.

The VSA unit is circa £1,500 from Honda - though you can get it repaired for a lot less.

All we really need is the error code. It could be a few things from a brake pedal switch, to a sensor, to neutralising, etc.

The VSA unit is circa £1,500 from Honda - though you can get it repaired for a lot less.
Thanks for the advice lads. Will post tomorrow after I get back from electricians.

Cheers

unfortunately many many things on the accord can set off the vsa lights, just have to plug it into an obd reader and it will tell you what is causing the error :)

Indeed, the VSA light is almost like the CEL's overly excited sidekick :lol: . But I think the main things will be the VSA unit itself, a wheel/speed sensor or the switch on the brake pedal being faulty (most likely dirt, there's a DIY clean on here, worked a treat for me).

John what year is your car and what mileage have you

...could easily be just a perished sensor which can be isolated with Honda diagnostic kit. Has it recently had any brake/suspension work done on it?

I had a faulty master brake pedal switch which caused a a couple of gremlins....it only cost me sixty quid to fix at the main agent.

VSA & ABS light kept going on and off on my 04 iCDTi, no pattern to it at all, thought it may be a sensor, took it in, they said ecu memory was full, could not tell what it was, so they, my own independant garage I trust, cleared ecu memory, hasn't happened again,
Fingers crossed!!
Just wondering if full memory caused the phantom warning light?

Could be a dirty switch, misfiring and tripping the warning light. Happened to me. Simple, quick and free fix here ;) .