What's new

VSA light

toninu

Members
Reaction score
Car
soon accord
hi,
about 3 months ago the VSA light came on.
the abs howoever seemed to be working fine when i brake.
yesterday, when i started the car, ABS, exlamation mark and vsa were on.
after work i turned the car on again, and only the vsa and exclamaation marks are on. howoever the abs doesnt seem to be working while brakeing.
my question is :
has anything like this ever happened to anyone?
also, i i go get the code reading, will i know if it is a faulty abs sensor and also which one if it happens to be the case ?

also might be a stupid question, but does the 2005 accord diesel have only sensors at the front or also at the back ?

You need the get the codes read 1st.
I would say thus sounds like your VSA unit is shot but you will no when the code is read.
There are 4 wheel sensors one for each wheel.
Have a look at 7th gen diesel faults there is a thread as long as your arm in VSA problems

Not tried myself, but this thread may help you to read any codes relating to your problem... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/15136-fault-codes-trick/page__pid__165703#entry165703

drove it today and the abs is working. just the vsa and exclamation marks are on

Sometimes the warning lights come on for seemingly-unrelated issues (e.g. the glowplug indicator often comes on when the fuel filter needs replacing!). Best to find out the exact error code(s) and then you will have a better idea.

I remember reading similar questions before, so definitely do some careful searching of the forum.