What's new

VSA Modulator Light

Service Manager bought my car back himself, hence I was able to express my thanks face to face and tipped him accordingly.

He is also aware of Type Accord

just a quick update but i experienced the VSA light on this morning :-( , not being able to cope with the stress of something else going wrong (clutch and DMF 2 weeks ago) i ducked out of work to drop into HH (120mile round trip) and get it checked out - they diagnosed the faulty controller for me for free (thanks danny) and spoke to honda and confirmed it will be replaced under the extended warranty which HH recknoned was 7yrs and not the 6yrs mentioned above.

I am booked in Friday to have replaced. at some point this car will be roadworthy and i can stop shelling out cash and start enjoying it. :)

Sorry, must of missed it on route - I was looking to see if the Vsa unit requires to be coded ,once changed , or if it can be changed like for like?

Father has a 2006 tourer sport, but has done just over the 100,000 mark.
Have got another (ABS/VSA unit) from the scrappy with 3 months warranty, but the garage he went too advises it needs to be coded by Honda - Soooo...Can't do the job!!

Can anyone help please?

Hi Pepster

I am trying to find the right part for me, according to my VIN it is 57110-SEF-E56X-XX. Do you think if I buy any of the part number below it would fit my car? I cannt manage to find a second hand one with my part number but have managed with part number 57110-SEF-E55X-XX

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt, the fantastic vendor that is Bosch (NOT) they have the below part number for the modified VSA modules. There isnt a single bosch part on the Honda diesel accord which is static. It seem Bosch makes it along as it goes, no two cars have the same parts!! :lol: :lol: :lol: that is Germans for you.

57110-S6E-G51
57110-S9A-961
57110-S9A-G01
57110-SEF-E56
57110-SEF-E61
57110-SEG-E55
57110-SEG-E61
57110-SKN-G01

The best bet to get a definative part number for your car , call up your local honda dealer with your VIN number and they will marry up one of the above 8 part numbers ..

just a quick update but i experienced the VSA light on this morning :-( , not being able to cope with the stress of something else going wrong (clutch and DMF 2 weeks ago) i ducked out of work to drop into HH (120mile round trip) and get it checked out - they diagnosed the faulty controller for me for free (thanks danny) and spoke to honda and confirmed it will be replaced under the extended warranty which HH recknoned was 7yrs and not the 6yrs mentioned above.

I am booked in Friday to have replaced. at some point this car will be roadworthy and i can stop shelling out cash and start enjoying it. :)

Hi, Nduli would love to know if Honda have extended warranty to 7yrs, as i will be calling my dealer asking for refund.

Guys - PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP :-((

According to my VIN, the part I need is the 57110-SEF-E56. I cannot afford a new one (car over 62K miles) and the only second hand ones I am finding are: 57110-SEF-E55.

Is this part number the same? Can I buy the E55 and would it fit just the same on my car?

Rdgs

Matt

Hello, I like many others have a vsa light on my dashboard just "vsa" and the warning triangle not an abs light.
My code reader says that there are no codes stored?, Which might be a good thing.
Would i be correct in thinking that the wheel sensors that are being cleaned are the abs ring sensors?, and if so is it rear only or all sensors?
Also what cleaner is being used, is a rub with a wd40 rag enough?

Any previous success info very much appreciated.

Regards

Cairn15

Unless you've got HDS or snapon a standard code reader won't pic up the faults.

Hey fellas,

I just had the dreaded VSA signal pop up out of nowhere last night as I was leaving work to go home. Car still drives perfectly and is a dream!
So got home and did all the reading on this and am gobsmacked at the price Honda are going to charge.

My cars a 57 plate but has done 91500 miles so am ***uming extended warranty does not apply to me :( though I have full Honda service history. Hoping they take this into consideration if it is indeed Code 66-1. Thinking should I check with chiswick (the other side of London) who were great with my last service or try someone local i.e enfield or near abouts.

Well firstly gotta get the codes read to be 100% sure. Though I am a bit suspicious as I got my rear brake pads, discs and N/S wheel bearing hub replaced. Could this be related?

Any feedback well appreciated :lol:

Could be a sensor fault - although I think you get the ABS light on too.

You'll be very lucky to get anything from Honda I'm afraid, but it is worth asking.

Fingers crossed bud.

Thanks for the advice Dan.

Dunno what sensor to look for and as suggested some guys have cleaned their sensor?

From what I have read with people contacting Honda UK, heres hoping!! B) I am very persistent lol.

If its a wheel speed sensor fault you'd get the ABS light on as well.

If you just have the VSA light on then you'll need to go to Honda for diagnostics unless you know someone with HDS or Snapon code readers like Paul said above.

Unfortunately don't know anyone in east London with HDS or snapon readers so will have to be a dealer. Just had some work done recently and is frustrating when you think car should be fine another problem comes up! Story of my motoring life!

Sorry to hear this Kashim but from what you said it does sound like the dreaded 66.1
But 1st thing get the code and take it from there.

Unfortunately don't know anyone in east London with HDS or snapon readers so will have to be a dealer. Just had some work done recently and is frustrating when you think car should be fine another problem comes up! Story of my motoring life!

Quite a lot of garages have the Snapon diagnostic - it doesn't have to be a dealer - and in my experience they will do it for free. Dunno about Londonshire mind - is the air still free down there?

Thanks brett.

Rob- nothings ever free in London mate!! Will try garages in local area, but ain't holding my breath. Honda sales department only department open on sundays and I work every other day which is a minor nuisance.

Anyone know of any decent local garages in east london. Wonder if Phil Mitchell's garage is open :)

Just booked my car in for diagnostic at romford honda for Wednesday morning. £57 for the half hour check that they must perform before proceeding any further. Wish me luck!!

For anybody who has a car under warranty you shouldn't have to pay a penny towards a replacement modulator.

My local dealer wanted to charge me for the 30min diagnostic check but after checking with Honda UK & the dealer confirming it was a warranty claim- I didn't have to pay a penny

Just received the bad news at Honda dealer of VSA modulator gone and quoted 2k!! Gonna have to get on the phone to Honda UK and have a little moan and see how far I get.

best of luck my advice is take what ever they offer.
if they do your very lucky

Thanks brett. Called Honda UK and they will get back to me within 3 working days. Guys at the dealer said to have a moan to HUK and hope for the best.

They also identified that my sidelight needed replacing and 0.5 lt engine oil needed topping up. Said no thanks and Will do it myself :)

To make things worse my check engine lights just come on!! Coincidence after handing it over to them it decides to pop up?