What's new

VSA on manual 7th gen petrol Accord?

Michael S J

Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th Gen
Hi gents,

Was VSA only available on diesels in the 7th gen, or was it also available/optional on 2008 petrols? I have never seen it before, see link below.

Also, have you ever seen a dash like this on a manual? I've been in a few auto 7th gen petrols and I thought this dash was unique to Autos...
like this

Questions are more out of nerd curiosity than anything else,
cheers

I found a brochure online that states:

Vehicle Stability ***ist (VSA) - standard on the 2.2 i-CTDi diesel and 2.4 i-VTEC models (optional on the 2.0 i-VTEC models), helps you maintain control during cornering, acceleration and collision-avoidance manoeuvres. When it detects wheel-slip under acceleration, it applies braking

untitled (autocatalogarchive.com)

Looks like it's been optioned in - I'm also pretty sure the button to the right of the driver's knee on the dash says "VSA OFF" too (my MK8 has similar)

I think the cluster is just what the facelift ones look like but i'm not a Mk7 expert

Looks like it has Xenons too, I don't think you got headlamp washers without,

Because it's so very late in the production they may have chucked a load of options in it on the way out the door, that often happens

Very interesting and good to know thanks btj - makes sense alright, sales not as high as expected and they had all the bits already, so lashed them into the last run of the model