What's new

Whats It Worth?

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Not sure which section this goes under so mods if you wish to move then be by guest :)

Anyways, I am looking to possibly sell my baby but as this is my first car I don't actually know what its worth. So if anyone can help me and shed some light that would be great, something in the format as to the value of the car;
1) Minimum Price
2) Likely Price
3) Maximum Price

So lets begin..........................
2007 (07) Honda Accord 2.0L, Petrol, Type - S Model, Manual and in Black.

1 owner from new, has covered approx 75,000 miles (mostly motorways if that makes a difference).
Original spec includes pretty much everything;
- Sat Nav
- HFT
- Half leather half suede bucket seats
- Facelift lights
- 17" Type - S Alloys
- Type - S body kit
- Ipod Dock
- Premium Sound System

Mods
- Tinted Windows All Round
- Bremtech Groved Disc all round
- Ferrodo DS2500 Pads all round
- Uprated brake fluid
- Dice Aux Cable, can use iPod, Aux or CD Changer
- Power Capacitor
- Alpine PDX1.1000 MONO AMP
- 2 x Alpine Type-R subwoofers in custom box made from Alpine
- Custom cut off switch for subs next to headlight adjuster
- ANL Fuse Holder
- Sound Deadening Rear including boot lid
- Gloss black wheels (Also have spare 17" Type - S wheel never been used in box from Honda)
- H.I.D Kit
- LED's all round plus interior
- Wrapped, door handles, window surround, front and rear H badges, windscreen trim along the roof (See Pics)
(Pretty sure I have missed some things off)

The car has a full service history (was fully serviced last 2 weeks ago), comes with 10 months MOT and 5 months Tax

Two Conti Contact 3 tyres on the front, 7mm
Two Dunlops on rear, 5mm

Just fitted new battery along with new alternator.

New clutch and clutch master cylinder fitted last summer.

This thread has a few pictures of the car - http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/11171-my-accord-2007-type-s/page__p__125711__fromsearch__1#entry125711

Im sure I have missed a few things off but just want a general idea really.

Those that have seen my car at the Ace Cafe meet can vouch for the cleanliness and also some nice comments in the above thread :D.

Reason for sale, need a much faster car!

Thank You :)

Hamid im not sure on a price but can vouch for this car as iv seen it :)
Good luck on a sell and what are you thinking on a next car CL9 maybe ;)

Thanks Brett!

Actually I'm leaning towards two heavy weights with about 700BHP and 4WD, let's not get into that now though lol! Hopefully someone has a price somewhere or maybe even a buyer..........

Nicely modded car. My gut feeling on that would be £3-4k, but you need to advertise it to like minded modifiers, pistonheads maybe also. Be prepared to wait a while.
Maybe not the best time to sell, early spring/summer is better, maybe take to a few car shows and advertise there.

wtf is a power capacitor...

thats the sort of thing that would deter any potential buyers.

a set of coilovers tbh would be better than any of the mods listed.

Id rather have good brakes than coilovers tbh Eric.

Why don't you google what a power capacitor is?

Not everyone has the same opinion on what is good and what is not, would be one boring place if we all had the same opinion right?

With regards to why I don't have coilovers, my bumper barely makes it out my drive as it is, won't have a bumper long with coilovers.

When running uprated car stereos, especially very powerful and loud ones with subs etc as Hamid is, it's important to ensure you do supporting modifications to your power supplies so as not to cause problems in other areas of the car or with the stereo as a result of voltage spikes and/or drops. Therefore I imagine that the Power Capacitor refers to something in relation to the monstrous sound system Hamid's running. I might be wrong, but that would be my ***umption anyway.

If I was buying a car with a massive after market stereo in, I'd feel very reassured seeing some nice big caps somewhere ensuring voltage spikes are managed. After all, have you ever read voltages from a car under driving conditions? They're anything but consistent.

I've seen Hamid's car. It's sweet.

if someone wants to have 100,000 watt stereos or whatever in their car its none of my business.

However, I would not buy a car with that, its a personal choice. I would sell the Accord without that.

You are basically forcing that sound upgrade upon a potential buyer, so ruling out about 80% of buyers or more.

As said, you need to remove the audio, then I reckon you'd be looking at £4-£4.5k.

Regardless of what mods we put on them, at the end of the day the Accord is a 5dr family saloon, so stealing the back seats and boot space is going to remove a very large chunk of your target market.

Plus its got the wrong engine for a Type S.......

That too. A k24 is more desirable.

Loose the sound system . . unless you want buyers from the MOBO awards or something :)