What's new

Wheel Alignment

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi all
My alignment seems to be overdue by about 2 years so I just need to ask if anyone knows of any good places to get it done in and around London?

Also would I need 4 wheel alignment or just the front two? I recently had the tyres changed and I think the balancing was bad too as the steering wheel vibrates like crazy! I have since been back to the place to get it balanced again and it still vibrates over 60mph ish! He says that he had to put nearly 120 (grams) I presume on the left wheel when on most cars it's about 30/40! And the right wheel was 40 (grams)? So now I have vibration over 60 ish and pulling to the left!

Doesn't help when I do about 250 miles a week on the motorway!

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks in advance

if it's a saloon then get a 4 wheel alignment done.

if that doesn't cure it then it might be a driveshaft (inner joint)

do you have oem wheels? are they straight? did you hit any curb or pothole?did you changed tyres to new or part worn? all I mentioned can cause vibrations, try to change the wheels back to front or borrow two wheels from someone. if it won't help it can be driveshafts bearings.

Forgot to mention it is a petrol saloon car! I was thinking about rotating wheels too! I have OEM wheels, the 17" on the euro r, and I have had them fully returned and finished in gloss black if that makes a difference. Was done properly, as in shot blasted twice then primer etc etc not a bad job

you can powder coat them in 18 carat gold but it wont make a whip of a difference, if you have alignment problems you need to get it aligned properly, not basic alignment.

if the problem persists it most likely is a drive shaft.

also check for bulges in the tyres

i just saw it vibrates at 60mph

take it to a garage, get it hoisted up and see if it vibrates in motion with the wheels off. (@60mph)

if it does its the drive shafts.

no idea why these drive shaft go in accords..? !!!!!!!

Cheers mate will do! Car is a one owner 07 plate 71k motorway miles
Will get it checked out on the weekend

im stumped if that drive shafts can go at that milage

tbh i think its a defect in the parts.

is this a 2.4?

if its a drive shaft i would get onto honda

get them to pay for it, should not fail at that milage.

Oh and I just remembered.......say for example you are on a dual carriageway and obviously it has left bends and right bends, it is a lot easier turning left than turning right if that makes sense? So left is easier than right, and it also pulls to the left if you kind of let go of the steering wheel! Does that mean anything to anyone?

Oh and I just remembered.......say for example you are on a dual carriageway and obviously it has left bends and right bends, it is a lot easier turning left than turning right if that makes sense? So left is easier than right, and it also pulls to the left if you kind of let go of the steering wheel! Does that mean anything to anyone?
Hamid the 1st thing i would do is look up your nearest hunter alignment from Jon link.Get the car aligned then take it from there.
But normally bad alignment don't cause vibrations TBO.
Does it do this under braking more mate like you can feel the vibration through the brake pedal.

No mate not at all! Braking is fine! And when your on the motorway and its vibrating/shaking and you turn slight left or right following the bends in the road the vibration stops completely then when going straight again it vibrates!

I think mate you need to get the car on the ramp and have a good look at drive shaft and steering rack for any play.
also check the wheel nuts are torqued up to 108n and tires are properly inflated.

98.6% drive shaft fault

what milage is it meant to go? i would imagine when honda put them into the car they were meant to last the life time of the car, its not like a normal wear and tear item.

tbh i would get onto honda as its bad when you type this much into google and it auto completes

google get that autocomplete for gadzillions of hits so clearly it IS a problem for honda.....

8448654972_1f1b51604c_z.jpg

does this drive shaft issue effect other marques? my moms clio... 1.2

drives like brand new.

What kind of mileage is the drive shaft meant to go usually?
a driveshaft has two flexible joints,one at each end.

the joint down at the wheel is the one that goes on most cars, called the CV joint (Constant Velocity). This usually starts with a knocking noise when you turn a corner, and failure is usually because the boot that covers the joint has split (due to road grit and stones hitting it) and started letting water in.

the joint at the other end is called the "inner" joint, and it is less lilely to fail because the angular difference is less, and the boot is less likely to split because it is much further away from the wheels. However, this joint also has to take up the in-axis change in length due to suspension movement, and this is where the problem usually happens on the Accord. There are many threads in this forum about it, ther was a very good one about a year ago, I'll look for it

but is it normal for this to cause trouble as it seems widespread on Hondas.

seems to me that they have a high failure rate.

let's not jump to conclusions yet Eric, spamming the thrread with pics ain't going to help him

this is not spamming, he will need these to fix his problem.
you don't know that Eric, the OP hasn't asked for that information, he was orignally asking about wheel alignment and just because I agrred that it sounds like driveashafts doesn't mean that it is drivesahafts