What's new

Xcarlink PS3 connectivity

magilla

Members
Reaction score
Car
Type-S 2.4 VTec 2006
Hey dudes

Jeez I'm posting a lot on here recently. I want to use the Xcarlink so I can utilise my satnav screen as a screen for a PS3. Has anybody ever done this before and if so how did they connect the PS3 into the Xcarlink unit?

I ***ume as all I can see in the picture of the multimedia adapter is a VGA connection (and the lack of an HDMI input) I would have to connect the ps3 into an amp separately for sound? If this is the case I may invest in the subs and amp I was planning for my car prior to the Xcarlink setup.

Cheers in advance :)

you'll need to use the component cable, won't be HD of course and will look ***** on the low-res screen, also have to find another way to input the audio.

you'll need to use the component cable, won't be HD of course and will look ***** on the low-res screen, also have to find another way to input the audio.

Cheers buddy, I'll probably opt to get my subs and amp first. Will go for the Xcarlink and then test the PS3 to see what the quality is like. If it is as bad as you say I'll probably go for a DVD player instead of the PS3.