What's new

Headlamp removal due to sausage fingers

block

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Ex diesel saloon
I cant believe this happened. My near side dip beam was out. The ulb looked ok so thought i would try it in the off side. No joy. Whilst re fitting good bulbit slipped from my fingers and dropped onto the black plastic cowling that the weather seal screws into. Whilst retrieving this i pushed it over the front edge and into oblivion in the headlamp unit. So instead of needing one bulb i now needed two. Off to Wilkos.
Fitted near side no problem. On to the off side. Dropped new bulb again only for it to roll, even with the flat side on the bulb shroud, all the way into oblivion again!!!
So now i need another bulb as well as time spent removing the unit in order to shake out two H1 bulbs!
So my question is regarding removing the headlamp unit entirely. Easy? Hope not to repeat my sausage finger act on anything soon!
Cheers.

its easy. all you need is a ratchet with an extension bar and a 10mm socket and a flat head screwdriver (not positive about 10mm). 20 minutes for a novice or 5 once you know how its done, there is one sneaky bolt under the light which you need the extension to get at. That is the hardest part.

Thank you. Looks straight forward.
Is the bumper dtraight forward too? Does it have to come completely? Guessing not watching the vid.
Cheers.

Thank you. Looks straight forward.
Is the bumper dtraight forward too? Does it have to come completely? Guessing not watching the vid.
Cheers.
Depends on you pal. For me I would take the whole bumper off, just makes it easy to do.
Ensure you disconnect the fog lamp wiring and also disconnect the washer jets piping. You'll see it when you remove it.