What's new

Full LEDs and HID kits conversion.......Done!

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
Just completed the whole lot today and very impress of those CREE bulbs. All supplied by Jav from www.horizonleds.co.uk, a gentleman with exceptional service :)
I've made a promised to post up some photos (more or less is advertising for him :p )
So here they're;

Interior:

Indicators (rears are the same, so doesn't need an extra photo)

Front side lights

HID H11 5000k front fog

HID H1 5000k dipped beam and pattern

Rear side lights and brake lights

Number plate lights

Rear fog light (on the left)

Reverse light and the Amazing torch light pattern!

Unfortunately my wife wasn't here, so nobody help me to press the brake pedal for the photo of the Centre brake light and the full beam of tail lights

Excellent feedback guys! Thank you for this, glad I could help! Andy your Accord reminds me of mine now with the full LED conversion! Looks lovely! :wub:

Looks awesome! Yet another thing to add to my to-do list for the car :rolleyes:

Great photo shots Andy the new LEDs look great

AH! The reverse light! Exactly want I need, the standard bulb is so dim.

Is it easy to wire, or is it just a bulb replacement?

Which bulb did you use for reverse light and rear number plate?

TheJamMod said:
AH! The reverse light! Exactly want I need, the standard bulb is so dim.

Is it easy to wire, or is it just a bulb replacement?
TheJamMod, its just a bulb mate, straight swap and takes less then 5 minutes. 50W Cree LED 7440 in Pure White: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-leds/wedge-cree-leds/T20-7440-3156-cree/t20-7440-50w-cree-led

dejv said:
Which bulb did you use for reverse light and rear number plate?
dejv, as above buddy, and for the sidelights you need T10/501/W5W, as below: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/number-plate-led/T10-501-W5W-wedge-led/t10-501-w5w-5-led-bulbs

Thanks

Looks great. How much did all the bulbs & HIDs cost you if you don't mind me asking?

What sidelights are those? Any LED's I have tried have a hint of blue even in my prefacelift car.

mango said:
Looks great. How much did all the bulbs & HIDs cost you if you don't mind me asking?
This full conversion cost just over £300. It does sounds deep, however, I was very glad that I done all of this upgrade just in time. Because last night the weather suddenly turn bad when I drove 104 miles to pick up my wife at the airport. Very foggy with 35 mph max, and then light rain. Both xenon lights performed strongly as usual, and the rear fog light can be seen from distance :)

Andy nice work and thanks for sharing the pics. Xenons definitely make Accord look even better!
I bought Xenon bulbs for the main dip/full beam but never got around to fitting them. Was it a straight swap for you or did you have to do some extra work? Thanks

blueagle said:
Andy nice work and thanks for sharing the pics. Xenons definitely make Accord look even better!
I bought Xenon bulbs for the main dip/full beam but never got around to fitting them. Was it a straight swap for you or did you have to do some extra work? Thanks
Do not fit any hid to the main beam, it's useless. You can't flash it, and it would shorten its life if you do try to flash.

Put your hid kit into the dipped beam is the wisest thing you would ever done mate :)

Agree with Andy!

P.S I have made a video of my 50W CREE LED Indicators in the T20/7440 fitment, same as Andy's: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMfzDgiaVE

Thanks

AndyHK said:
Do not fit any hid to the main beam, it's useless. You can't flash it, and it would shorten its life if you do try to flash.

Put your hid kit into the dipped beam is the wisest thing you would ever done mate :)
Thanks for the wife advise. I'll keep that in mind :)

blueagle said:
Thanks for the wife advise. I'll keep that in mind :)
Wife...........??
Err........... I'm kind of anti-ga y person lol

According to the keyboard, the nearest word to Wise should be Wide :p