Error code P0193 Fuel Pressure High Input

vitamin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iCDTi EXE
Hi
Sry a bout my bad language...

I have a problem with my Accord. Engine light is on, error code P0193 Fuel pressure sensor high input.
I tried to change sensor, no effect and all the cables from the ECU to the sensor on the fuelrail are OK (tested).
ECU says that fuel pressure is constantly at 180 bar!!!! No matter i change the sensor, disconnect the sensor, even if i´m not cranking the car( just ign. on)
I think the problem is in the ECU.
What are my options now??????
Car is at the dealer but i dont have high expectations.

I would have said rail pressure sensor, but you've changed that already. And you've checked all the cables, which I would have also suggested. This is an odd problem.

I guess that it could be the ECU. Has the car been remapped?

I'd be looking for a secondhand ECU, but I don't think it'll be a simple swap, as many of the vehicle systems will need recoding to work properly with the new ECU.

Just camed from the dealer and they try to reset the ECU. Will see what will be the result.
I dont know if the ECU has beer remapped? Did you mean tuned?

Yes. Remapped = tuned. If this had been done badly then it can cause many problems.

Did your car run well until recently? Did you make any modifications/changes/repairs shortly before the problem began?

The car run OK.
Only thing what ia have don I changed the pressure sensor on the fuel pump. It shoued an error, but it was about 6 months ago.

Dont know the history of my car, but i belive that fuel rail is changed because it looks new and shiny.

There isn't a pressure sensor on the fuel pump... but there is a pressure regulator (throttles the incoming fuel under the control of the ECU, in response to the pressure sensor and supply requirements). The actual pressure sensor is on the fuel rail (air filter side).

Could it be that the pressure regulator i installed is giving wrong data to ECU. Or is the regulator working only under load?

The regulator does not give signals, it receives electrical power which makes a plunger vibrate to control the fuel flow into the pump... this could not explain why you read 180 bar of rail pressure with the engine switched off.

So has the rail pressure sensor been replaced recently or not? If not, then I suggest that's the problem!

The problem cant be in the sensor, bechouse ECU is reading 180 bar even if the sensor is disconected!!

Ecu maps only set target thresholds so I can't see it being a bad map.

Something is telling the ecu that it's getting that pressure of fuel.. Has to be a sensor or wiring or a bad ecu

Let's be clear... has the fuel rail pressure sensor been changed? Or have you wrongly changed the pressure regulator thinking it was the sensor?

I'm wondering if you've confused the regulator (on the fuel pump) with the sensor (on the rail) so the problem could be a faulty sensor but you've replaced the wrong part and been removing the wrong connector!

Just called to the dealer. They bridged pin 2 and 3 on the sensor socket and the reading in ECU went to 0 bar. So the sensor is bad and i need to change the sensor.
As i understood the sensor can be changed without the fuel rail, am i correct?

Thank you for your support!!!!!!!!

Yes... the sensor can be replaced without the rail. BUT Honda will not sell it as a separate item and will make you buy the whole rail, which is very expensive. Buy the sensor from Bosch, who made it (the Bosch part number can be clearly seen). Or buy a secondhand one from a breaker... it'll almost certainly be OK.

If you were in the UK I'd sell you one I've got in the garage!

So you had previously confused the sensor with the pressure regulator?

Jon_G said:
So you had previously confused the sensor with the pressure regulator?

No before that i had problems with the pressure regulator and i changed it. Will look for the pressure sensore from a breaker and test it.

Just for info.

Brouken sensore can be tested if you bridge 2 and 3 pin on the sensore socet. If you bridge the socket then ECU will get info that fuel pressure is 0 and the car can start. If it is not getting any signal from the sensor (voltage 0) then it means full pressure in the fuel rail (180 bar)

Good luck with finding the sensor quickly. I'm sure you'll find a good one, as they rarely fail.

Actually, the maximum fuel rail pressure is a massive 1600 bar! And the rail needs to reach 200 bar minimum (while cranking) before the ECU will enable the injectors.

Great news - and as suspected, had to be a sensor..

Hi

Finaly i got a replacement sensor, but no news, still the same proble. The replacement sensore came from a running car.

So what now????

Go back to the dealer who told you it was the sensor and complain!

I'm guessing that either the 5v feed to the sensor, or the ground connection, has a break.

Tester and then with testing lamp 12 v ( ECU and sensor were not connected at testing time, tested ony cabels)

So all three wires from the sensor connector to the ECU connector were tested separately and all 3 gave a good circuit?

Did you also check these cables for short-circuits between them, or to earth/chassis?

Does the connector onto the ECU look clean?

With the cable connector plugged into the ECU, can you remove the sensor connector and definitely check (using a voltmeter) that one of the pins gives 5v (when read to battery negative/earth/chassis) and that another of the pins reads almost zero resistance to battery negative/earth/chassis (using an ohmmeter).

But have you checked for 5v and earth at the feed to the sensor like Jon said above?

Jon_G said:
So all three wires from the sensor connector to the ECU connector were tested separately and all 3 gave a good circuit?

Did you also check these cables for short-circuits between them, or to earth/chassis?

Does the connector onto the ECU look clean?

With the cable connector plugged into the ECU, can you remove the sensor connector and definitely check (using a voltmeter) that one of the pins gives 5v (when read to battery negative/earth/chassis) and that another of the pins reads almost zero resistance to battery negative/earth/chassis (using an ohmmeter).
All the wires are tested from the ECU to the sensor for short-circuits and with 12 v, all the wires are tested separetly!!!
The ECU connector looks OK all pins are clean on the ECU and on the ECU connector.
Dealer tested the voltage on the sensor connector and it was 5 v.

So i really dont know what to do any more

I have the manual from the dealer how to check error P0193 but according to this i have a faulty sensor.!!!!!

51911135.jpg

step 18 is turn the ing. off
step 19 replace the fuel rail

Have you got your own diagnostic software so you can see what reading the sensor is giving?
It would be good to see what the new sensor is reading compared to the old one.
Also did the new sensor fail immediately or did it work initially then fail? I am just wondering if a break in the cable is only occurring when the cable is flexing from engine vibrations or breaking down with heat.

At home i have a ebay Bluetooth scanner but ia have option to use a proffesional scanning tool (not Honda)
The replace sensor didnt changed anything. The error was still present and i wasent able to cleare it. (active problem). The reading with the rep. sensor was the same 180 bar.

Will try to run 3 new cables from the ECU to the sensor, but this i can try next week