What's new

Knocking in steering in 2005 accord tourer

DsDAccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.2 d
Guys,
Ive noticed a knocking in the steering in my accord tourer, its only slight when taking off or when im parking is when its worse, is this common and is there an easy fix?

Cheers

You front ARB bushes are worn. A common enough issue on high-mileage Accords.

is this an easy job for a DIYer to do? I think I have the same issue, slight clunk occasionally when parking or going over bumps im on 110,000 on my tourer.

Easy DIY, only need to undo a couple of nuts/bolts, remove the bracket, replace the bushes.........

I just bought 4 bushes for the front and rear of my saloon from the nearest Honda and cost £20, bargain!

Cliffordski said:
Do you not have to drop the subframe to do the fronts?
No can be done with everything intact

I actually had this problem and ever since i did my upper control arms it went away

AndyHK said:
Easy DIY, only need to undo a couple of nuts/bolts, remove the bracket, replace the bushes.........

I just bought 4 bushes for the front and rear of my saloon from the nearest Honda and cost £20, bargain!

Errr, the bushes are cheap and the rears are easy, but the front certainly isn't straight-forward.

Cliffordski said:
Do you not have to drop the subframe to do the fronts?
Yes, I had to.

TypeR said:
No can be done with everything intact

I actually had this problem and ever since i did my upper control arms it went away
Really? How did do get at the rear bolt on the ARB holder? This is buried between the subframe and the car body. I had to drop the rear of the sub-frame slightly to get at it.

I wrote on the subject here and a member done a DIY. By all accounts is a ****** of a job.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/16335-front-arb-bushes-replacement

I haven't done this job on my front ARB but I looked at it and there's no way to get to one of the bolts on the nearside without dropping the subframe.

Maybe it's different on the diesel?