What's new

Pesky Tourer Tailgate

Hi,

I'm off to Holdcroft Honda in Stoke on Friday to get my problematic Tourer tailgate looked at. I've done the usual reset, had the closer motor and it seems fine (opens and closes when hooked up to a separate power supply), had the touch sensors off and they seemed fine, but no joy so I'm beaten at this point! Hopefully Holdcroft can fix it within the hour they charge for the diagnostic fee.

Does anyone have any experience of Holdcroft fixing their Tourer tailgate?

Thanks,

Rory

Rory said:
Hi,

I'm off to Holdcroft Honda in Stoke on Friday to get my problematic Tourer tailgate looked at. I've done the usual reset, had the closer motor and it seems fine (opens and closes when hooked up to a separate power supply), had the touch sensors off and they seemed fine, but no joy so I'm beaten at this point! Hopefully Holdcroft can fix it within the hour they charge for the diagnostic fee.

Does anyone have any experience of Holdcroft fixing their Tourer tailgate?

Thanks,

Rory

adam123 said:
How did you get on mate?
ditto ;)

Hi Brian and Adam,

Sorry for the update being so late. I ended up taking the car into Swansway Honda in Manchester and it turned out the tailgate ECU was faulty. They replaced it for £440 all in and charged me half-price for the replacement ECU.

They mentioned that they'd found a bulletin that referred to the ECU being covered by a seven-year warranty, and with my car being eight months beyond that they spoke to Honda Customer Services to see if they would be flexible but unfortunately they weren't. Charging half-price for the ECU softened the blow a bit, and they also cleaned the car inside and out, so at least it wasn't all negative!

Cheers,

Rory

spud350 said:
So for everyone who has trouble with their boot, check the handle 1st!! ;)
Thanks for this, was having this problem on my recently acquired 55 plate and now working perfectly!! Will clean out the handle at some point but just using the button on the remote all working fine!

I just bought a Tourer and had an issue with closing as well.

I noted the exterior handle was sticking in the open position so I cleaned that up and now it's working as it should do.

So yeah... Check the exterior handle first :D

Hi fredofrog and spud350, I'm having problems with my tailgate and I thought that maybe you can help me, my gate opens using the fob key but once is open, it don't close.No warnig beep, no Tail Gate light, nothing.

I performed every described procedures in the forums and I din't succeed to solve it, the behaviour is this one:

- After reset, no Tail Gate light, everything seems fine
- Press FOB and gate opens correctly
- Turning ignition, no Tail Gate light
- Press FOB to close gate, nothing happens, press close switch, nothing happens
- Turn ignition, no Tail Gate light
- Manually close gate, as it close, immediately Tail Gate light appear
- Repeating all steps, but this time, I trigger the closing lock manually (without closing the gate), and the Tail gate light immediately lights up

I tested the 4 pressure sensors, they are ok, for the moment I would like if is possible to provide some information that you may have from the tests that you performed:

- Does the motor really work during opening or just is used as ballast, when manually open, the gate opens more faster than when using the fob so is possible that engine is not used in activ way to open gate.

- What is the state of each the 5 tailgate closer switches in each step of normal operation

Looking at the behaviour of my tailgate, when Tail Light appear as the lock is closed, I presume tat the ECU thinks that the tail gate is open and when receive the signal of the locking mechanism, it ouput error, this is correct when I manually lock it without closing the tail gate (can you please test this in your car?), but the behaviour is the same as I manually close the tail gate. On the other hand, why the tailgate don't close and no Tail Gate light appear? Is this the normal behaviour when the motor is not working?

Any hint and help is appreciated.