What's new

Quiet Sports Exhaust..........

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
Hi all,

My exhaust is blowing heavily now in a couple of places. I'm interested in getting something free-flowing, from the cat back.

Only issue is I am currently recovering from tinnitus, which I've had a year and a half (although appears to be getting better thank God).

Does anyone know of a quiet performance exhaust, which may free up a couple of BHP and sound a very slight bit more sporty, without being OTT or droning?

Thanks for any help.

Stu

I had a fujitsubo legalis r on my dc2, exactly as you described but not sure if it's available for the accord.
Best bet like most on here is get a custom job. You'll be able to specify noise levels etc. But not sure if you'll see any extra ponies escaping

While we're on this topic. Anyone had an oem replacement ? If so how much was it ?

Yes, I got one from Holdcroft. The exhaust come in two parts; one part is the full length of the car, the other is just the other back box. Strangely they're both the same price, think I paid £235 for each part and my local garage charged me £60 for fitting. One word of warning, the full length part is massive!

They both sound awesome. I wish the Fujitsubo version came in a single exit exhaust. Would basically be spot on for me then.

Thinking custom may be the way to go. Although always a lottery on how good a fabricator you get.

Why does it need to be single exit?

I still have a single exit custom exhaust in my shed for the accord,it was ok,but fitment isnt perfect like the toda,when you reverse it hits the chassis,i took it bach to get it fixed,but started happening again after a few weeks,so brought the toda.
There are a few people on here with custom exhausts that are happy with theres.

I prefer the look of single exit exhausts. Unfortunately as you prove, it can be a lottery regarding fitment.

Hey stu whereabouts in the uk are you?
I've used top gear in st.albans,Herts on previous cars and can honestly say there work and customer service were excellent. I've had three exhausts done there and they seem to really know there stuff.
the last car I had done there was my old bmw 330. Nice and quiet when cruising with an amazing howl at higher revs.
Not sure if there still trading as it was a few years back but If there still about it would be my first port of call if the oem on the accord gives up.

We make are own exhausts on the car as you don't always get 100% fitment from jig work on full systems. Which is proved time and time again, When we fit certain brands and it's not always a case of you get what you pay for.

As for something quiet that won't hurt the wallet get a custom unit made. We have customers wanting exhaust systems with interchangeable rear sections for competing & the general track day.