What's new

Jerky throttle

marculos2

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Hi,

Just has the father in law change oil, filter and plugs and the engine does feel a bit smoother.

The jerkiness in 1st and 2nd still remains though, under 2 thousand rpm it can be jerky, I read somewhere this can be due to the fly by wire throttle. Is this a problem or a "feature" ?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

What car is it mate ? , I have a cl7 k20a6 and I had the same jerky throttle , of and on throttle mine has a throttle cable so just replaced that yesterday and miles better mate , had to go to Honda for it , but if you do have to aswell ask them for cash discount mate they might help you out as mine was on back order [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a cl7 k24 , not sure if its drive by wire or not.. just that its jerky at low revs in 1st and 2nd.

I read last night that the remap will help address this issue which is on my list of things to get sorted. Sorry what does tb in "30% is down to the size of the tb" mean, excuse my ignorance ?

idle control valve is always the issue on my dc5, they can stick

i added some tension to my cm1 k20a6 throttle cable and the drive improved alot

How long have you had the car? I only ask as it can take a while to get used to how lightly/sensitive the throttle pedal is. UKCL9 is right on the money. The K24 is a little jerky in the low revs if you're quick on and quick off the pedal.

Another thing to try is inside the engine bay by the firewall on the passenger side is a plastic box with a cable going into it. Open up this plastic box and see if there's any slack on the cable and if so, adjust it out. It can make the world of difference to how the car feels. I did it about a year after buying the car and couldn't believe what a different it made to the feel of the throttle pedal. If yours has any slack you'll be able to move/jiggle the pedal a little without it correlating to any revving.

Stevearcade said:
How long have you had the car? I only ask as it can take a while to get used to how lightly/sensitive the throttle pedal is. UKCL9 is right on the money. The K24 is a little jerky in the low revs if you're quick on and quick off the pedal.

Another thing to try is inside the engine bay by the firewall on the passenger side is a plastic box with a cable going into it. Open up this plastic box and see if there's any slack on the cable and if so, adjust it out. It can make the world of difference to how the car feels. I did it about a year after buying the car and couldn't believe what a different it made to the feel of the throttle pedal. If yours has any slack you'll be able to move/jiggle the pedal a little without it correlating to any revving.
I have had the car a month. I was stuck in traffic yesterday and was when pulling off in 1st even if really gentle on the throttle it was jerky, though could be user error ! Thanks for the tip about the plastic box, will take a look :)