What's new

2.2 iDtec turbo replacement torque settings?

projectaccord

Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord CW3
I'm replacing the core in my CW3 iDTEC accord as it's letting oil in to the intake with blue smoke on startup and increasingly when warm too. There is oil in the intercooler pipework..

Question - does anyone have torque settings for the turbo - manifold bolts and oil / coolant feed bolts as well as for the turbo itself? I've searched high and low online with no success.

Another question - I've got new gaskets, bolts and nuts etc for both the turbo and connections and will thoroughly flush the intercooler and pipes to remove as much oil as possible. Are new oil feed lines needed? Some online posts do say this is a good idea incase of contamination and also sometimes new designs of oil feed pipes come out?

Thanks, Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I can't offer any advice as I've got no experience with the iDTEC engines, but everything you need should be in the ESM. I've made a guide here on how to access and use it.
Turbo info is in Fuel and Emissions > Intake Air System.

If you need OE part numbers parts-honda.uk is a great resource. Quickest way is to put in your VIN number.

Thanks a lot for the information. Very useful but no Torque settings from what I can see! Will go with M8 25NM / M10 50NM for now.

Found this in the ESM.

Obn1isK.png

You're welcome. To be fair the ESM is a great resource, but it's fiddly to use and takes a while to get the hang of it.

You don’t need to replace the lines but just ensure you’ve used new gaskets.