What's new

Accord VIII Service Manual / Workshop Manual / ESM on Windows 11

Hondoob

Reaction score
Car
Manual CW2
Hi all. Quick tip to get the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) working on windows 11.

Link to the ESM - this will not work on anything other than Edge browser or Internet Explorer Windows 10 or earlier.

To get it working on Edge browser on Windows 11 (or earlier) do the following steps.

1. Open Edge browser and select the ellipsis button at the top right.

CckLdQL.png

2. Select Settings from the drop down menu.

5hlLUT0.png

3. Select Default Browser on the left hand side and next to Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) choose Allow from the drop down.

uYsqmc6.png

4. Now click the blue restart button.

hVgBuxn.png

5. Once Edge has restarted, follow steps 1-3 to get back to the Default Browser menu, but this time next to Internet Explorer mode pages select Add.

yfF0dy7.png

6. Right click on this link here for the ESM and select Copy link address, then paste that link into the Add a page field on Edge browser.

vsklmeO.png

You can now paste that link into Edge and it will work perfectly. You'll get a pop up saying Execute the Microsoft Internet Explorer (R). Select OK, then when it alerts you the link is trying to close the tab select No and you're in!

Last edited:
Proof of the pudding:

rrlJgXL.png

How to use the ESM is shown below using the brake caliper overhaul as an example. Remember to set your language and model code first (you'll need to do this everytime as it defaults to CU1).

1. Select the appropriate folder/subfolder.
2. Select the magnifying glass.
3. Select the appropriate document which will open in a new window.

yWrvhxT.png

All of the diagrams can be selected to open in greater detail - super helpful!

Final tip. If you only want to use Edge for this service manual, go to Settings and under Start, home and new tabs select Open these pages: then Add a new page then finally paste the ESM link into the popup and click Add.

OqI8qcP.png

Now everytime you open Edge it will open the ESM automatically.

Last edited:
Thank you for a handy guide to setting this up, its an invaluable resource for owners.

No problem. Having the service manual is proper helpful. I’ve also recently discovered this site that is brilliant for working out part numbers. Loads of diagrams with each part number coded properly. So helpful.

I have the ESM on disk and the above works a treat just change the location to point to your dvd drive

Proof of the pudding:

rrlJgXL.png

How to use the ESM is shown below using the brake caliper overhaul as an example. Remember to set your language and model code first (you'll need to do this everytime as it defaults to CU1).

1. Select the appropriate folder/subfolder.
2. Select the magnifying glass.
3. Select the appropriate document which will open in a new window.

yWrvhxT.png

All of the diagrams can be selected to open in greater detail - super helpful!

Final tip. If you only want to use Edge for this service manual, go to Settings and under Start, home and new tabs select Open these pages: then Add a new page then finally paste the ESM link into the popup and click Add.

OqI8qcP.png

Now everytime you open Edge it will open the ESM automatically.
Thank you for posting this up. Is it possible to download this or is it just accessible via internet link?

I have just bought a Civic 2.2 iDTEC and while not the same chassis as the Accord, the engines are pretty much the same, so was looking for something to download and keep on my laptop in case of any faults, just to help me diagnose stuff.

Thank you for posting this up. Is it possible to download this or is it just accessible via internet link?

I have just bought a Civic 2.2 iDTEC and while not the same chassis as the Accord, the engines are pretty much the same, so was looking for something to download and keep on my laptop in case of any faults, just to help me diagnose stuff.

Found this in the search, link still seems to work OK

Download - MEGA

Select CU3/CW3 for diesel information

I am sure that there will be a manual specifically for your car knocking around the internet somewhere - I think your chassis code is FK3 (but not sure specifically - whats the year of your car?)

Last edited:
@btjtaylor unfortunately, there's none available. I've looked all over. Thanks for the link, just wary about downloading from an unknown source.

I have the iCDTi manual but cannot find the iDTEC one for the Civic. Hence me thinking maybe the Accord one will work.

I also think I need to pay Fahad a visit in the near future and get rid of this DPF

@btjtaylor unfortunately, there's none available. I've looked all over. Thanks for the link, just wary about downloading from an unknown source.

I have the iCDTi manual but cannot find the iDTEC one for the Civic. Hence me thinking maybe the Accord one will work.

I also think I need to pay Fahad a visit in the near future and get rid of this DPF
That's a shame

I've downloaded it myself and run a virus scan (Malwarebytes) and it looks ok but obviously no guarantees provided or emplied (my best legalese)

From what I remember reading the DPF can be blanked and mapped out quite easily. It's buried in the engine bay but I think you can blank it in a more accessible place , and yes Fahad can map that out for you im sure

That's a shame

I've downloaded it myself and run a virus scan (Malwarebytes) and it looks ok but obviously no guarantees provided or emplied (my best legalese)

From what I remember reading the DPF can be blanked and mapped out quite easily. It's buried in the engine bay but I think you can blank it in a more accessible place , and yes Fahad can map that out for you im sure
Thanks very much, downloaded it to my old laptop and it has some good stuff on the 2.2 iDTEC engine.

I also now have a working HDS so can keep an eye on PM values and differential pressures in the DPF.

Long term goal is get that removed by @F6HAD and mapped out as I just don't want the hassle of it. Seems over 1200km since last regen too.

Hi all. Quick tip to get the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) working on windows 11.
----------etc-----------
You can now paste that link into Edge and it will work perfectly. You'll get a pop up saying Execute the Microsoft Internet Explorer (R). Select OK, then when it alerts you the link is trying to close the tab select No and you're in!

New user BTA alerted me to the following workaround to get IE working again on W10 & W11. This procedure adds a desktop (or other) link for IE just like it used to be.

Another alternative is to find an old XP / 7/ 8/ etc. laptop to run the manual(s), and run it offline only. Or use a VM running XP.

Has anyone else had the following issue with viewing some diagrams in ESM on newer windows versions? For example the following page under Body > Audio/Entertainment > Audio System Description - Audio/Navigation Switch Panel Inputs and Outputs

It looks really messed up for me:

1704360137816.png
For reference here's what it should look like under IE6 / XP (I had to resort to a Windows XP VM to get the info I needed:)

1704360429473.png

Attachments

• 1704360220504.png
    1704360220504.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 2